how gravity works, new idea

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by trevor johnson 5757, Dec 15, 2020.

1. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

Is antigravity the reason the universe is expanding?

2. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Possibly, sort of, but they call it Dark Energy and exactly what the fuck it is nobody knows.

3. trevor johnson 5757

trevor johnson 5757 Members

I don't get into the anti matter dark energy kind of stuff anymore. It alwasys seemed like the more you look into it the more they ultimatley don't have any evidence and their is no real information to take away, just dreaming.

A simple experiment would prove the OP. would a vacuum chamber in a gravity field have a stronger draw then a vacuum chamber absent of a gravity field? If a vacuum chamber in a gravity field had a stronger effect on a standard atmosphere, this would prove that space in a gravity field is in fact compressed and denser then space that is unaffected by gravity.

You will have to elaborate more on your ideas about the truck tree analogy, I didn't follow to well in your other post.

4. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I'm not really clear on my point myself. I begin by saying you can't have an infinity of things, so I can't even start contemplating the analogy. I'll leave it at that for now.

5. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Astronomy is headed in the same direction as quantum mechanics, the deeper they peer into the universe and the more closely they examine everything, the less sense anything makes. Its pissing them off, but theoretical physics has not made significant progress in over 40 years, no matter how much money they throw at them. The only way to measure space-time, is using virtual particles, and your setup just won't cut the mustard without a lot more quantum mechanics.

6. leeds85

leeds85 Member

What if it was all matter that was shrinking in a stable universe, instead of the universe expanding. We are after all happy with the idea of a singularity or pre-big bang being infinite small. The observations we see such as red shift, galaxies moving away would be the same if all localised pockets of gravity was shrinking.

7. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

I suppose size is as relative as motion. I've contemplated something like this before.
    Or not. Are you describing a situation where the universe is being eaten by a black hole?

8. leeds85

leeds85 Member

I'd move away from thinking about Black holes, it's more like all matter in the universe is shrinking into its own centre of gravity.

If you consider all matter shrinking one of the first questions will be is how far can matter go before it stops? There's got to be a limit that you can squash something down into, you can go on for ever shrinking so the universe must be expanding instead?
    But current science is actually already okay with the idea of matter actually being in an infinite space, so who's to say we're not doing that now rather than the universe expanding.

Think of the film the incredible shrinking man and consider this. You and i are holding hands and we shrink down to the size of a mouse. Once we stop shrinking because we're holding hands we would be the same relative distance apart (our arms length). This would be like the effect of localised gravity, the Earth and Moon, Milky Way and Andromeda are moving together because they have a gravitational link.

If we shrank down again but without holding hands this time the distance between us would grow bigger. This is because there's no longer a link and we shrink to our own centre of gravity. This is exactly what is observed almost everything is moving away from us, we see the red shift effect from almost everything we look at.

BJintheUK and (deleted member) like this.
  9. trevor johnson 5757

How is everyone today? good? take a hit of the gravity bong and lets discuss the OP.

10. trevor johnson 5757

Is there such a thing as a 'squeezing' on space? And if yes could a gravity field be a squeezing pressure on space that extends out from the atomic nucleus pit, which could then be thought of as a vacuum squeezing space 3 dimensionally? and isn't this more proof the universe is inseperable, contrary to what gravity wave people think?

11. trevor johnson 5757

Which do you guys like more as a 3D image of gravity, the one in the OP or the one below.

Attached Files:

oldguynurse likes this.
  12. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

That doesn't really make sense.

If space is pushing matter together, gravity would move in the opposite direction than it does currently. How can it push matter at the beginning of the theory but then conveniently pull it later at the end of the theory.

13. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

What do you mean opposite? What do you mean pull??

If gravity is caused by space-matter repulsion, the result is exactly the same as matter-matter attraction. It doesn't change orbital mechanics, it doesn't change atmospheric densities, it doesn't change planetary densities, it doesn't change any of the physics we know to be true. Space is everywhere, even the heaviest elements we know are mostly space. Gravity is still a cumulative force regardless of the nature of its force.

14. DarthDva

DarthDva Members

Can you draw a diagram for me because I'm not understanding how this works.

15. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've always disliked the funnel, rubber-sheet diagrams because they represent only one plane. The one shown here is more inclusive of the third dimension. I can also visualize it as a sphere of tapioca pudding, becoming thicker and thicker as one moves toward the center (gravitational center). Once we're into black hole theories, my brain begins to hurt. <grin>

16. trevor johnson 5757

Space creates a gravity field around the nucleus. It looks less like a bending and more like a squeezing pressure. Space has different properties then other medium's. It can have waves but treats those waves differently then waves in other medium's. It comes down to matter and energy in 3 dimensions. Waves of light illuminating a surface are bouncing out a single wave of EMR that is absorbed. The waves deepest penetration into the atomic nucleus's gravity field is right where the density of the wave equals that of the gravity field it is in. But the wave is that of a fixed universe and bounces off a gravity field Light consequently measures time and the two are highly related.

17. trevor johnson 5757

Thanks I have heard other similar thoeries to your pudding idea. One guy imagined two drains that were 3D and floating in a sink would pull each other together. I like the imagination a lot more then other's. It is time consuming though.

18. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

[​IMG]

I think you could make gravity if you spun protons, neutrons and electrons at the speed of light the same way we make magnetic fields by spinning electrons near light speed in a wire.

Electromagnetism

I think neutron-magnetism would be gravity

How the heck do you make a disc strong and balanced enough to not fly apart explosively long before the outer edges even come close to light speed ?

Pressure from the outside to hold it together wile you spin it up. Use a sphere.

Would the pressure from atomic weapon assembly be enough to hold it together ? They say the implosion to set off a plutonium bomb is more pressure then at the core of the earth.

The torque required to accelerate the thing to such a speed would be a problem to.

Solve all that, get it to work and I think the Nobel Prize for artificial gravity is yours.

19. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Maybe a super fluid could be spun that fast

Superfluidity, the frictionless flow and other exotic behaviour observed in liquid helium at temperatures near absolute zero (−273.15 °C, or −459.67 °F), and (less widely used) similar frictionless behaviour of electrons in a superconducting solid. In each case the unusual behaviour arises from quantum mechanical effects.

"and the ability of helium to sustain circulating mass currents in a ring-shaped container is closely analogous to the persistence of electric currents in a superconducting ring."

Still have that problem of containing the centrifugal force.

20. relaxxx

relaxxx Senior Member

Let me try to explain some more. Imagine two objects floating in space with some distance between them. We know that space is expanding. Space actually wants to expand away from every other point in space. So between the two objects is a finite amount of space, surrounding the two objects is an infinite amount of space. The space between the objects applies some force to the objects, the space surrounding the objects applies more force. Infinite beats finite, so space eventually pushes the objects together. This is what we call gravity. Gravity is a weak cumulative force spanning billions of light years (galaxies). While magnetism is a more localized strong nuclear force.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021