How government is causing record suicides and overdoses in US 'deaths of despair'

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by TheGreatShoeScam, Mar 21, 2019.

1. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Feelings of hopelessness and despair are overwhelming many in the U.S. So much so, that people are turning to alcohol, drugs, and suicide to numb the pain of their lives. Government enslavement and the stranglehold on the economy are making life even more difficult on those already struggling to get by. And this is seen in new death numbers released.

The national rate for deaths from alcohol, drugs, and suicide rose from 43.9 to 46.6 deaths per 100,000 people in 2017, a 6 percent increase, the Trust for America’s Health and the Well Being Trust reported Tuesday. That was a slower increase than in the previous two years, but it was greater than the 4 percent average annual increase since 1999, reported USA Today.

Perhaps most disturbing, is that the deaths from suicides rose from 13.9 to 14.5 per 100,000, which amounted to a 4 percent increase. That was double the average annual pace over the previous decade. Psychologist Benjamin Miller, chief strategy officer of the Well Being Trust, says broader efforts are needed to address the underlying causes of alcohol and drug use and suicide. “It’s almost a joke how simple we’re trying to make these issues,” he says. “We’re not changing direction and it’s getting worse.”

That’s because people have no control over their lives anymore. The government controls every aspect of everyone’s lives and social media helps to compound the issue by often making people feel like they don’t have enough or can’t “keep up with the Joneses.” Human beings need to and deserve to be free; it’s a basic human right. Once that right and free will are taken away, there’s not much left for anyone to live for. Unfortunately, this isn’t going to be a popular vein of thought, but it needs to be said. And problems caused by government control cannot be fixed by more government control

Read more The American Catastrophe: Drug, Alcohol, & Suicide Deaths Hit Record Levels

I have comments but I want to read what other people have to say first.

2. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

So it's the governments fault. He doesn't even define what level, area, program, or policy that he's talking about.
    Sounds like B.S. to me. The government has problems but it also helps with many programs and regulations.

Such as child labor laws, S.S., welfare, unemployment insurance, VA benefits....on and on and on.
    But looks like this guy just wants to blame "the government".
    B.S.

3. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I know, it needs detail. Seems to be written for an audience that already gets it.

Most people believe the common denominator in these deaths is substance abuse and mental illness but the majority people dying this way are also caught up in the legal system AKA the police state.

Then the computerized big brother control system comes in, background checks for jobs and apartments, the DMV always extorting motorists, ect ect ect to many hassles and roadblocks to list.

Get caught struggling with mental issues or substances the state child kidnappers come knocking too, read more Medical Kidnap

I went to AA for a long time and heard alot of stories, its like the system wants people giving up and going back to using or contemplating suicide.

4. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

Here is a real suicide note by someone who did it.

[​IMG]

Then another,

She kissed her aunt on the cheek and told her, “I don’t think I’m going home with you. They are going to put me away.”

Twenty minutes later — before any decision was made — Silvestri collapsed in the bathroom of Lowell District Court. As paramedics performed CPR, Silvestri was transported to a hospital, where she died.

“She was under a lot of pressure, and she couldn’t handle the pressure,” Hickey told The Sun.

Drug Court on trial in Lowell, as lawyer says it contributed to Tewksbury woman's death

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019