How Good A Player Are You

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by Mallyboppa, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa Nails Mc Fugger

Compared with this 8 Yr old girl ?
  2. Openmind693

Openmind693 Member

I have been playing guitar for about 50 years. I would say say compared to this child prodigy I would give myself a D- !! :)
  3. farmerdon

farmerdon Member

I'm right about where you are lol. kids these days have so much more teaching aids and resources for instruments. parents today are much more interested in helping kids get started in music. used to be your parents would say " you want a what?, you want to be a what? bullshit get back to work" :D
    Orison and Scratched like this.
  4. billaone

billaone Member

I tryed to learn play guitar, but nothing succeeded. I'm just good listener in music
  5. Mallyboppa

Mallyboppa Nails Mc Fugger

6. wilsjane

wilsjane Member

I played the piano and the violin in an orchestra in my younger days, Sadly I gave it up, something that I have always regretted.
  7. Ged

Ged One moment ago... HipForums Supporter

I can play some fake virtuoso shit, but to be honest I don't really know what the fuck I'm doing.
  8. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I play like a god , but don't need adoration and sometimes I get mad for getting it .
  9. Ged

It is not me that is great, (and I am an average player) but the guitar that is great. It is the potentiality for sound creation that is great. There is way too much ego in contemporary popular music. Most of this has nothing to do with music. Study timbre. Study style. Find a new grove and find your own groove. (Note to self.)
  10. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I'm down to 3-string guitar , so it's tuned DAD . Someday I'll repair the bridge . Infrastructure
    is not a huge concern nor any longer a study . As for children's music , I enjoy it purely original
    from children and have no care for trained monkey tricks .
  11. Ged

Mallyboppa likes this.