How far will Trump go before he concedes?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by newo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

I don't think decisions by consensus constitutes anarchy, I believe that would be more of a democracy.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

3. That's precisely what I'm looking forward to ...

hotwater likes this.
  4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

The more sensible American anarchists, like Murray Bookchin and the folks at the Institute for Sociology have opted for a concept of anarchy which involves a high degree of decentralization and consensus decisions. I'd say that's a form of government, similar to what hunter gatherers have, but if they want to call it anarchy and it keeps them happyit sure beats the "everyone for himself" variety. Have you ever been to a Rainbow gathering? That's basically the model there. All decisions are made by a council which anybody can participate in, and decisions are made by consensus. Any individual can block consensus. Sometimes things can get pretty heated, and while they're debating, way where to dig the latrine, some folks may already be digging it. I live near a co-housing community that basically operates the same way. And it differs from democracy as we usually think of it as majority rule in that consensus decisions require unanimous consent. Think of Senate filibuster with no override. That can amount to minority rule and can lead to really bad tempers.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    Bilby and stormountainman like this.
  5. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd rather not see any soldiers get shot. As for the Trumpeters, if any of them get shot the right wingers will no doubt make martyrs of them. What I hope for is that their protest will stay peaceful and they'll at least realize that it's over, that Trump is done. Then over time, hopefully not too long, Trump will be discredited and they'll see that they were taken for fools.

6. newo

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Never been to a Rainbow gathering but I was at Bull Island for the Erie Canal Soda Pop festival which had 200,000 to 300,000 attendees
    I remember the bread truck and stage getting burnt.
    No individual blocked that consensus.
    That's anarchy.

8. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

If there is a confrontation between the military, and trumpsters, I give it five minutes before the trumpsters turn tail.

9. granite45

granite45 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Just change the I to a we!!

10. newo

That's what I hope happens, but it takes only one nutball to fly off the handle and open fire, and then we have the right wing's version of Kent State. Check this out WildProtest.com - Jan 6th, DC

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Except the students killed at Kent State weren't armed...

12. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

It isn't enough for rent in West Virginia?

13. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Georgia will be a
    test for that and I think Democrats might take a Texas seat. They already took Arizona.

14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

And that's the difference between the Erie Canal Soda Pop festival and a Rainbow Gathering. I'll give the Rainbow Family this: for the most part, they do a good job of instilling and observing basic values: peace, love and understanding. You hear it said, "The only rules are there are no rules". But they adhere to fundamental "norms" of cooperation and civility set forth in RAP101 (Basic Rainbow), RAP 107, RAP 701 and all the other RAPs, which the Shanti Sena (Peace Force) enforce gently but expeditiously for those inclined toward disorder. The elders do work to uphold a spiritual purpose in praying for world peace, helping to make it more than a big party. I think it's, in a sense, a morality play. But of course, it's only a gathering. Using this as a model for the government of civil society wouldn't (in my opinion), work out. And is it "Anarchy?" Debatable, but I think its nice.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
    wrat1 likes this.
  15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

That's the difference from the "right wing version".

16. newo

Yes in the right wing version the protesters are armed. And they might fire first. And the right wingers will still make them martyrs, fighting to save America.

This could be the week where the shit hits the fan. I can only hope cooler heads will prevail.

17. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

"cooler heads" don't wear MAGA hats.... Expect a shitshow.

Tishomingo likes this.
  18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Apart from a "Pence card" fiasco, the remaining cards to play are violence in the streets and wag the dog. Re the latter option, tomorrow is the anniversary of the assassination of Iranian Gen.Qassem Soleimani by the U.S. The stage is certainly set for an Iranian act of retalliation, real or Trumped up. And a Trumpian retalliation to the retalliation!

19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Forty years of extensive studies concluded the republican party organizes along the lines of a flock of chickens. The fucking chickens are demanding a rooster, and they have been demanding one for over twenty years. Donald Duck is merely the first one worthy of their attention, and has challenged every other rooster in the country to come forth and take his place should he fail. There is no way to destroy the republican party, except to encourage them to kill themselves faster, which is all too easy. Sex, drugs, and rock-n-roll baby!

20. newo

COOLER HEADS DON'T WEAR MAGA HATS. Tyrsonswood, you've come up with a quote!

Tyrsonswood and hotwater like this.