How far will Trump go before he concedes?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by newo, Nov 16, 2020.

1. sherman march

sherman march Members

by now we should all know that the party connected to big money always controls the government regardless of whether the nominal head of government is a Republican or a Democrat.

stormountainman likes this.
  2. sherman march

sherman march Members

almost all Republican senators up for election in 2022 are from states Trump won. I doubt any state that went for Trump is going to throw out a Trump-supporting senator for a Democrat. same for Democratic senators up in 2022. most of them are from states that went for Biden, so it's highly unlikely they will suddenly throw out a Democrat for a Trump supporter after having just gone against Trump in the presidential election.

3. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The voters in those red states will have 2 years to think about it. Trump could be highly discredited by then, making all but his most fanatical supporters turn on him, and if the Biden Presidency is doing a good job we could see a couple Democratic Senators gaining seats.

Just trying to think positive. Trump has done the Republican Party a lot of harm and it could take them decades to recover.

4. newo

Trump finally signed the covid relief bill, giving us $600. It's funny but in pushing for more money he made the Republicans look bad. Anyway I hope Biden will see it as just a stop-gap and push for more covid relief.

He also signed the government funding bill into law, averting a government shutdown that was set to begin on Tuesday. During a crisis like this we definitely need the government up and running. Trump has 3 1/2 weeks left, I hope he continues to show a sense of responsibility for the rest of his term, even if it is just a last-ditch effort to improve his legacy.

hotwater likes this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

You know this is an oxymoron, right?

6. newo

While I wouldn't bet on it happening, I don't see any oxymoron.

7. Tyrsonswood

Trump has never had a "sense of responsibility"... I doubt very much if he ever will.

Lynnbrown likes this.
  8. newo

Okay, but an oxymoron is contradicting terms, like army intelligence, civil war and Overeaters Anonymous.

Nitocris likes this.
  9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

For D.C. protests, Proud Boys settle in at city’s oldest hotel and its bar

The Hotel Harrington is the city’s oldest continuously operating hotel but over the past few months, the Harrington has been gaining a new reputation: Proud Boys hangout.

The militant right-wing organization that vigorously supports President Trump, which has clashed in violent street battles with members of anti-fascist groups and others who oppose Trump, has made the Harrington its unofficial headquarters when members come to the District. Several hundred Proud Boys recently stayed at the hotel while in town for the Dec. 12 protest of Joe Biden’s election as president.

Wearing their signature black and gold colors, large numbers of the group spent much of the afternoon of Dec. 12 drinking openly and chanting on the street in front of the hotel at 11th and E streets NW. They ranged in age from late teenagers to 50- and 60-year-olds, though most appeared to be in their 30s and 40s

More protests by pro-Trump groups are planned in downtown D.C. on Jan. 6.

Note; The Hotel Harrington is located near the site of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial,
    It's my guess the memorial is not listed on their travel itinerary ....lol..

stormountainman and scratcho like this.
  10. newo

Yes Jan. 6. That's when Congress meets in a joint session, both House and Senate, to count formally the votes of the Electoral College. If there are any objections they'll be dealt with and Trump will still lose. Then that pro-Trump rally could turn ugly.

11. newo

Now Trump is encouraging the protests, tweeting, "Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!" So expect the National Guard, and maybe the army, to be out in force in D.C. that day to quell riots. Problem is the rioters will be armed.

Tishomingo likes this.
  12. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

So are we looking for an official conceding, or is him seemingly being resigned to the actuality of the next president enough or equivalent?

I feel like he seems to understand that there's no way around it at this point, and that he'll leave quietly come the 20th of January. Hopefully his team or followers or supporters will also understand that he is no longer the president.

13. Tyrsonswood

I'm not sure they are that bright at this point...

soulcompromise, scratcho and Piobaire like this.
  14. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

I understand that anarchy is positive . It is not relational to the hysteria of chaos nor to hysteria of impositional control .
    It will be wild .

15. newo

I hope on Jan. 6 we're not discussing the gun battle between Trump supporters and the military! Hopefully those suckers will back down when confronted with force!

16. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I hope we won't be discussing the gun battle between Trump Supporters/the military vs. us! But I expect the suckers to back down when they lose the token battle in Congress. They're too yellow to risk their necks in a physical confrontation.

17. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Anarchy can be positive in small decentralized local communal settings where decisions are made by consensus. Anarchy at the national level in the U.S. would be a disaster. Armed mobs running amok isn't good anarchy, and is more conducive to fascism.

stormountainman and wrat1 like this.
  18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I think he understood that long ago, just as he understood that Obama was born in the United States, but I expect him to ride this issue for as long as it brings him donor money from his cult followers.

19. wooleeheron

wooleeheron Brain Damaged Lifetime Supporter

Donald Duck could not care less about donors. As far as he is concerned, real Americans love him to death, he can do no wrong, and if you can't dazzle em with brilliance, baffle em with endless bullshit. He is in the spotlight, and intends to stay there until his dying breath if he can do it, but has become aware that he is now persona nongrata, or persons unwanted, and his days in the spotlight are numbered. The Tea Party has become a mindless bludgeon being wielded by a narcissist fan of Professional Wrestling, and the Donald is having the time of his life encouraging the mindless mob to attack everything in sight. The idea that a chicken needs a reason to peck at everything is absurd, and the Tea Party and Donald are probably responsible for more conservative deaths than car accidents.

20. wrat1

wrat1 Members

He will never concede, Jan 6 will more than likely be pandemonium