How far could it go…would a coup be possible?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Balbus, Jun 3, 2020.

1. Balbus

Balbus Senior Member

No badges no insignia no names – these kinds of paramilitary are a common feature of so called banana republics, dictatorships and juntas

I think we are way pass Godwin here so can I just mention the role the SA (Sturmabteilung) played in bringing down a democratic republic in the 1930’s.

2. olderndirt

olderndirt Senior Member

I believe we are beginning to see military leaders laying the groundwork to refuse to follow orders from the Commander in Chief that they see as illegal or against their oaths of service. I believe most of our military officers are men and women of intelligence and good moral fiber. I trust them a lot more than I trust the POTUS.

Gul Dukat and scratcho like this.
  3. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

I am curious, why do you think that is?

4. Flagme15

Flagme15 Members

Those are members of the Federal Bureau of Prisons.

5. Visexual

Visexual Member

I was a USAF Combat Controller from '66 to '73 and still keep in touch with lots of the guys through the association. And, it's pretty obvious, most support this despicable president. And, as I mentioned, the special ops forums I belong to also are obviously pro Trump.

Now a lot of that is the fact the GOP has historically given more funding to the military. But it's really bewildering how someone who isn't really GOP, or any political persuasion, is supported by anyone who has ever served. He's never served anyone or anything but himself.

Balbus and scratcho like this.