How do you wash the dishes?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by wetsocks, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Uhm, doesn't that entirely depends on the washing machine? I don't see how they come with such results. Are they average numbers or something? If I see how much water I use they should be really really water efficient.

2. lode

lode Banned

It assumes a modern dishwasher. Energy standards vary, but not wildly for dishwashers I think. If your dishwasher is super old your mileage may vary.

3. Asmodean

I have experience with 3 dish washers, not too old and I am sure they use more water then I do washing by hand. I have not measured it though but it has got to be more than what fits in my sink to clean a full dish washer. The difference in the amount of soap/detergent is also doubtful. You don't need much for a dishwasher but for handwashing counts the same. Especially if you let the dishes lay in there for awhile roughly 80% is already clean.

4. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

I use the wax on, wax off method

5. KozmicBlue

KozmicBlue Senior Member

I either use the dishwasher now, or the husband. But when my daughter was born I went a little (ok a lot) nutty about germs, dish washing was like a military operation and no one else was allowed to interfere. My hands were not a pretty sight back then. :D

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I miss my dishwasher. That being said I clean them the "dog' way.[​IMG]

7. Asmodean

Naked?

8. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

I put them in my shower and when I take my monthly shower my dishes will also be cleaned.

9. Wow! Now THAT'S a photograph!

10. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

I wash up as I cook. When I serve the food from pots and pans onto serving dishes I place them in a sink of hot soapy water.

Once the meal is completed, I change the water and wash the pots and pans. I run clean water and place all the dishes in to soak for a few minutes. During that time I clean the stove top, table, counters. I then prewash the dishes and place them in the dishwasher. I usually run the machine nightly as it tends to be full after a full day.

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

this.

and also this.