How do you spread good vibes?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by pianoperson60, Apr 19, 2007.

1. A.B.E.

A.B.E. Member

I don't know what a 1/2 g is, but I like your generosity because of someone being poorer, because often someone who doesn't have the money to buy things really appreciates loving gifts from others so much. If that g stands for grams and it is green and aromatic, then I know you really rocked someones world, because having a gift of mind and mood altering herbal substances can make times of no money so much more enlightening, and so much more fun.

2. crazylegs

crazylegs Member

Try not to spread any bad vibes. Avoid vengeance and bad mouthing people to their face or behind their backs. Do what you love. Don't eat crap food. Oh yeah: get rid of your car.

3. omganesha

omganesha Member

When you do such nice things for people, it brightens their day. We all need that, and imagine if more people did? Without expecting anything back..just for the joy of doing it. I think it's really, really nice to try and make the world just a little kinder. Let's be honest, if more folks did that..we'd raise the consciousness of this planet by leaps and bounds. I've had people look amazed when I'm kind to them, I've been astonished that folks thank me for being kind on the phone. It only takes a second, and it costs you nothing. Keep on spreading those good vibes, love is the answer. Peace, Love and Flowers falling from the sky......OmGanesha

4. sweettone1221

sweettone1221 Member

Today at the bank, for example, I had the nicest teller ever. She complimented me on my name and was just generally warm and almost motherly. I was so touched because I was having a crummy day and she totally brought some sunshine into my life. I let her know how much I appreciated it and how glad I was to come across her path.

It is connections with total strangers like this that reaffirm my faith in the human spirit. No, its not mandatory for survival but it is the difference between simply maintaining and thriving as a people.

5. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i smile
    say pleasant things
    help stranders if i can

6. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I don't know how I spread them. Just being friendly generally I suppose. So I kind of understand Pavel's posts in this thread.

7. PoisonedPenny

PoisonedPenny Member

I smile and say "good _______" (morning afternoon evening) and look people in the eyes.

When I see someone's down I go and try to pick them back up again.

Every time I go to someone's house I try to bring a gift of sorts. Sort of a "thank you for your hospitality" thing.

I like the gift and note in random people's mailboxes idea. In high school I used to put random "smile" notes in people's backpacks. Just a little note, and sometimes a doodle, intended to make the reciever smile.

I also try to make a big deal about birthdays and holidays especially with my friends. Little gifts at those times can be a big thing to someone. And random "not holidays" are fun too. Like, hanging out with everyone and they all get a mix CD with a cover that says "Happy Saturday." Or, like my friend M. has an "un-birthday." The DMV refuses to acknowledge that they got his b-day wrong on his driver's liscense. (The DMV doesn't make mistakes like that!) And so I get him a present for his un-birthday as well as his real birthday.

Yeah, most of these things I do without thinking. But sometimes it just makes you feel good to say "I'm gonna make someone smile today." I think it's a good thing to have that on your to-do list.

8. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I'm just constantly friendly to people.

Even the people who yell "hippies died out along time ago" at me, I just try to stay calm and give them the peace sign.

And then there's always the homeless people who ask me for money, and I refuse to give them money, but I go and by them a happy meal or something like that.

I really just, try to spread peace. I have this bracelet with John Lennon's face on it that reads "give peace a chance" which I wear everywhere, and I always look down at that whenever I'm really frustrated and just want to yell at someone, and it always helps calm me down and do the right thing.

9. eydis

eydis Member

there is a vibe pollution out there.... if i do my own stuff for a while, creative stuff, and then afterwards meet people, i can feel that people want to be around me, strangers and non strangers.... We need to make an effort and do something different than just the lazy braindead slave mentality shit. that is my way of spreading good vibes= antimaintream creativity

10. superusername

superusername Member

Lots of things what ever comes into my head any random time that seems fun and good

11. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

I use a butterknife

12. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

And which brand of Good Vibes do you most like to spread on your toast?

I typically buy Godly Vibes Butter and spread that all over.

13. lovelyhippo

lovelyhippo Member

I always try to be nice and when i see people happy it makes me happy inside. when i walk past people, i smile even if they don't smile back and sometimes i say hello. it makes me feel so happy afterwards y'know.

and i think to myself imagine if everyone in the world simply just smiled at eachother to show their love and respect for one another imagine how wonderful a world like that would be. a world filled with happiness and love. a smile is a beautiful gift in expressing a beautiful emotion and could mean the world to someone like it does to me. :)

sometimes after a bad day at school (which is sadly to often) when a stranger smiles at me my mood completly changes to a good one and i hope its the same with them.:)

14. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I make people happy by serenading them with my happy loops.

15. pianoperson60

pianoperson60 Senior Member

^I like your picture in your sig- did you piant htat? it looks like you sketched it, scanned it on your comptuer, and then painted it with microsoft part. if that watcha did?

16. unlearn.and.be.free

unlearn.and.be.free Guest

I find that I'm able to spread good vibes (inward and outward) by recognizing the beauty in everyone I come across. It can be difficult at times, and at one point I thought it might even be impossible. I was proven wrong though, because IT IS possible. And it feels so great recognizing that. Vibe out! You are all beautiful!!!

Peace energy your way,
    - Unlearn