How do you people relax?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Leila_xo, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

I feel so shit these days. I think it's because of exams, but when i feel like crap i can't revise and then i keep thinking and thinking and its really giving me a headache.

How do people relax over here? I have tried everything :(

2. Arlandis

Arlandis Visitor

Alcohol

3. Kyle_95

Kyle_95 Member

I know exactly how you feel. I am doing exams right now and have more throughout the next two weeks.Im sick of exams already. :(

4. acuarela

acuarela Member

I love walks, it instantly clears my head. I try to go for a walk often while at work, especially when things get too crazy. It can’t be too long, but 10-15 minutes. I think they have a better effect when I go by myself, but they’re fun with a friend or going on “family walks”.

Reading, but I can only read something “light” when I find myself too stressed. It’s difficult for me to concentrate when stressed and when you have a 4 year old craving for attention it will only make you more stressed to even try. The other night I read the entire first volume of a manga series while Sophia played next to me and colored. It was so nice! She kept interrupting me every 2 minutes asking me what the activity pages said and just to read the text for her, if I had been reading a “real” book, the interruptions would just make me be 10 times more stressed out.

Alcohol is a good response. I think having a single glass of wine or a single medium strength beer has a better effect than drinking until buzzed or drunk.
    I like to go out with a friend or two for lunch or dinner. I tend to bunker up when stressed and become very antisocial, so forcing myself to go do something and talk to people ends up making me feel better.

A good movie or a good show, sometimes you just need to be a bum and turn your mind off.

Meditate! For 5 minutes, 10 minutes, whatever you can. I want to start doing this more.
    Take a bath or drink some chamomile tea or sit outside and watch the sunset (or sunrise), listen to the birds, the wind.

5. AquaLight

AquaLight Senior Member

Sleep.

6. Lodog

Lodog ¿

I come here and make fun of relative strangers to entertain other strangers.

7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Relaxation is for kids....

8. acuarela

acuarela Member

I saw this today.

[​IMG]

9. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

haha sounds fun :D

10. Leila_xo

Leila_xo Member

Thank you so much, that really helped :)

and all you guys, you IZ THE BEST! :D

11. dixie_pixy

dixie_pixy HighMandi

smoke a blunt... watch a movie... have sex.... drink.
    *sinner sinner sinner*

12. acuarela

acuarela Member

yes, sex.

13. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

i relax by taking a deep swig of nyquil and getting a good nights sleep

if i want to relax in the daytime i go pick up a salad or sushi lunch and drive to the lake to eat it there

14. kokujin

kokujin Senior Member

meditate it out. wait it out. wonder wtf is going on.

continue on me day.

have a cig. smoke a weed. have some drinks w friends.

nothing *shrugs*

think positively and make efforts/fix the things that bother you.

Sol you can do.

15. lively_girl

lively_girl Member

It all depends on how much time I have left until the exam and how well prepared I am.

If it's still a week before the exam, sitting behind the textbook helps the most. In time off I go for a walk around the neighbourhood and then it's straight back to the books. It really helps me to have a daily routine, which includes enough sleep, meals at approximately the same time and an hour of exercise.
    Unfortunately I'm prone to procrastination, so I usually find myself in this 'military discipline' studying regime.

When there's really not enough time and I'm starting to panic, listening to loud/powerful/fast music usually helps me. It's counter- intuitive, but in those moments calming music just irritates me more even more, because there is a huge contrast between what the music projects and how I feel. On the other hand listening to something that sounds really loud and restless usually makes me aware that I am quite calm in comparison. I love metal during exam time :sunny:.

Once I managed to be irresponsible enough to reach 'The panic mode' one or two days before the exam. A small amount of alcohol and two days of intensive studying helped. I am in no way advertising alcohol consumption, but it is a depressant of CNS and in small dosages alleviates the panic significantly.
    I learned a lot from that episode, though. Although I passed the exam, I felt so utterly drained afterwards that I was a walking zombie. It felt awful and just remembering it gives me enough motivation to go and start studying in time.

The best way to stay calm during exams is good time management. No cutting corners and ideally the last day before exam should be free of all studying. Just spend some time outside, with your friends, watch a movie, etc.

Good luck with your exam :)

16. Voyage

Voyage Noam Sayin

i love hawaii and how i feel when i'm there, so ive paid attention to why i feel good when i'm there.
    ive been trying to make my yard and porch do the same thing to me for a couple of years now. it's getting there.

17. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

guy at the top totally looks like he's on the toilet.

laughing 300x a day like a child must not be that effective; i was infinitely more stressed as a child than as an adult.

18. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

19. Blue Meets Green

Blue Meets Green Member

Hash and some Reggae.

If you're lucky enough to have someone willing - a massage and some oral sex (without reciprocation)(you'll get em back when exams are over) ;)

20. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

Marijuana
    Cannabis
    Indica
    Sativa
    THC
    Doobie
    Reefer
    Blunt
    Joint
    Roach