how do you meet stoners?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by hahaha04, Sep 26, 2013.

1. hahaha04

hahaha04 Whatevers Clever

So today after class at college I was smoking a cig and this dude i met last week came up to me and we started talking. Quickly he mentioned he is all about wax/hash oil. (Which here in the deep south, is not very common).

We exchanged numbers, and as we were talking about a couple different concerts, this other kid from my math class walks up and says, "you guys need any nug." After ascertaining he wasnt sketchy but some kid trying to hustle his nugs, we talked, and i went and check his nug out AND met his girlfriend who happens to be in a couple classes of mine. :sifone:

Rapid meeting of fellow stoners :) I have moved a lot and have different social groups from those places. Only living in GA for a couple years, my network isnt too deep rooted here yet.

HOW do you guys meet various people who smoke? At shows? Mutual friends? A lof ot long standing friendships i presume?

2. wonka816

wonka816 Oh Davey

usually through mutual friends, very rarely do i meet random people that smoke...though im not in college anymore either so thats probably got a bit to do with it lol

Concerts are great places to meet stoners though. Most of the people I meet at shows end up staying in touch somehow, weather its meeting up at another show or outside of a show

3. hahaha04

Yeah shows are sweet.

I guess the college crowd is helpful. Quite a few stoners there, some ill have relationships with, some not. The fact they smoke is onyl an addition to any friendship. ha.

I actually met one of my best friend while tripping some nuts on 2ce at a mall with TNS, met a girl who introduced me to her friend K. Who from there we met many great people.

I for sure have friend, some fantastic ones, but its always nice to meet new people as well.

4. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

shows, basically. if we go around the side of the building to smoke a joint and there is another group there, we usually at least say hello, but more likely we'll just make a bigger circle.

5. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Seedy jazz clubs

6. hahaha04

The Beverly Hills Polo Lounge?

7. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

in stoners lounge..

8. hahaha04

I am envious, there are a lot less people like that here :(

acceptance will change though

9. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It's the same way here. With it being legal most people are ok with it even if they do not smoke. Of course we still have some people who refuse to accept the new laws and are still full of reefer madness.

It's not even a new thing it's been around since the 70's. It has just gotten big in the medical states.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXSPdlFzEHw"]got blunt got weed - YouTube

10. hippiemomma22

hippiemomma22 Member

Almost everyone I meet up here smokes or is at least cool with it. I end up hanging out with them and meet all of their friends who smoke. Which in turn has made it so I always have someone around who wants to smoke.

11. hahaha04

Yeah i actually spent some time on the interwebz doing a little research on oil and has been around a while, started gaining popularity in medical states early 2000s and now its BOOMING in those states and starting to hit us poor neglected stoners lol.

What is the average price for a gram of oil?

12. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I pay $25 a gram but in a dispensary it could be $35 or some places want $25 a half. It lasts a while, so it's worth it to me.

13. sunshine186

sunshine186 midnight toker

In high school it was easy to know the group.
    In college, I had one friend in the jazz department so I knew he'd lead me to more.
    Otherwise, I was lucky to be hired at a store of nearly all stoners. or it used to be

nowadays I don't meet anyone, stoner or otherwise..

:leaving:

14. TopNotchStoner

TopNotchStoner Georgia Homegrown

Serendipitously

15. hahaha04

true my friend. i remember before I moved to GA wondering how quickly id meet stoners....lol

16. hahaha04

oh damn! my friend, who has the connection pays 60 a gram here. i assumed some inflation due to it coming from Colorado, the risk etc. i havent paid that yet. luckily i met this guy, i mentioned in OP, that makes BHO which isnt ideal but still, it is FAR cheaper than the stuff from colorado.

As you say though brother, it lasts a WHILE, so not a bad investment at all. :devil:

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

We don't have a lot of marijuana propaganda over here in the netherlands but we have enough people that still dislike weed and/or stoners (which is their good right in essence). I had the idea it must be kinda the same in a place like Canada. Just the other day I mentioned to someone I just got into conversation with that I prefer to not drink beer on my own but do like to smoke a joint on my own and he couldn't really appreciate that I smoke weed while being alone. And he's not the only one. But meeting stoners is relatively easy here since you can just enter a coffeeshop or go at the smell at a concert :p Staying in touch with them/making friends is a different thing really since smoking weed is still nothing special for stoners either so people generally don't make friends with people that seem to mainly be after other people who are into weed as much as they are. I often try to stay away from such 'possible friends' nowadays to be honest. I'm not interested in someone who sounds like he's mainly into weed and like to be my friend mainly because of that.