how do you like your tea?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Boogabaah, Jan 29, 2008.

1. oldguynurse

oldguynurse Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Might I recommend, if you can get it where you are, Community Coffee Dark Roast, from Baton Rouge, LA. I think you can get either the beans or already ground. (I'm sure they'd be happy to ship you some, probably on their website.)

Interesting fact: Light roast coffees have more caffeine in them than the dark roasted variety.

2. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

Which is the crazy part......I will check them out...been doing the starbucks french roast beans for years. Life is too short for bad coffee.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

By volume, not by weight. Beans plump the more they are roasted so if after grinding you measure by "scoops" you get more caffeine with the lighter roasts. By weight it remains the same amount, though.

Second interesting fact: Ground coffees, the "national brands" will do a "generic roast" and then re-roast the ground coffee into "French roast" which actually removes caffeine.

oldguynurse likes this.
  4. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

either way....the darker the better....mmmmm....carbon roast.

Toker likes this.
  5. oldguynurse

Thanks for the info, Ty. Good to learn new stuff.

6. oldguynurse

Back when I was working (in advertising first, then nursing) I always had a cup of coffee near me all day. Thin, but tolerable. When the Mr Coffee drip-style came out I could bring my own Community Coffee Dark to work. Only four cups, but that was enough. One day a friend poured himself a cup, tasted it and asked if he should use a spoon instead of drinking it. But I always cut it with milk and sweetner and he got the straight goodie.

Now I'm trying tea for the daily dose. It takes two bags of the English or Irish Breakfast Tea, steeped, then squeezed. That gets just about enough out of them. (I'm sure I just horrified our Brit companions.)

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  7. Toker

Toker Lifetime Supporter

I love sun tea if I can ever remember to make it.
    But now it's decaf only.

You guys are forgetting the subject of this thread, hint: it's not coffee.

8. oldguynurse

That's why I added that last paragraph to my last.

9. roadhogg

roadhogg Senior Member

coffee is not really for me ,its such a bitter drink ,and anything like coffee that needs to have lots of cream added to kill the bitterness ,or lots of sugar to sweeten it ,ill stick to my teas and herbals

10. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Just dark enough to be aromatic and flavorful without being bitter, with just a wee dollop of milk; not near enough to be white.

11. themnax

themnax Senior Member

wet. without sugar. milk optional. preferably single species, not corporate blends.