how do you like your tea?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by Boogabaah, Jan 29, 2008.

1. Sus

Sus Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm far more of a coffee person, actually... :H

2. spirit of the night

spirit of the night Senior Member

if it herbal i like it with sugar.

if its "builders teas" i like it hot, strong (very little soya milk) and very very sweet.

blessings
    xxx
    xx
    x

3. hillbillyhippiechick

hillbillyhippiechick Member

Iced Tea. Definitely. Or peach flavored Snapple bottled ice tea.
    That's good too.

4. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

I detest anything sweet in my tea or coffee. it totally ruins the natural flavor of it. THe only reason someone would want something sweet in their tea is because they've artificially calibrated their taste buds to like sweet stuff. It's this kind of calibration that makes us prefer a candy bar to a piece of fruit, which is highly unnatural.

THe best tea I've had is Yerba Mate from south america. When I first had it, it reminded me of the smell of those deer pellets you get out of the machine at the zoo to feed the deer or whatever. But it finishes very naturally clean. it gives you actual energy that lasts all day, not just a jittery surge like coffee does. It centers the soul and provides mental clarity and contentment. It has b vitamins and some minerals, with a quarter the caffeine as coffee (naturally occuring)

5. polecat

polecat Weerd

Earl grey with just plain hot water.

6. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

No Thanks....I'll Pass On That..

Make Mine A Strong,Black Coffee...

Cheers Glen.

7. green-hair-blue-eyes

green-hair-blue-eyes Member

amen brotha, if ya want ta drink hot AND sweet, drink cat piss.
    save the brew for us real tea fans

8. Black Venus

Black Venus Member

I grew up drinking tea made from lemongrass (I think that's the translated name for it). My mum would pick it from my grandpa's house and let it dry before making the infusion.
    I've always enjoyed getting the family together and having herbal tea with cookies before bed.
    Now I'm in London and yep, I caught the tea virus, I drink it all the time, black with milk. Everybody else does too here, which is weird because back home my friends would look at me like I was crazy when I said I had tea for breakfast.

9. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

How...And When...Did You Discover "Cat Piss"..Had A Sweet Taste...???

Cheers Glen.

10. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

11. jay

jay Member

With honey!, Its all about the honey

12. StayuYona

StayuYona Member

i like my tea without any added ingredients

13. gillphish02

gillphish02 Member

i"When I can't have my three daily demitasses of coffee, I'm as miserable as a dried up piece of roast-goat" -J.S. Bach

"Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love" -Turkish proverb

"I believe I forgot to tell you one anecdote: when I first came to this house, it was late in the afternoon, and I had ridden 35 miles at least. 'Madam', I said to Mrs. Huston, "is it lawful for a weary traveler to refresh himself with a dish of tea provided it has been honestly smuggled, or paid no duties?' 'No sir', said she, 'we have renounced all tea in this place. I can't make tea, but I'll make you coffee'. Accordingly, I have drank coffee every afternoon since, and have borne it very well. Tea must be universally renounced. I must be weaned, and the sooner, the better." -John Adams in a P.S. to his wife

"Coffee is balm to the heart and spirit" -Giuseppe Verdi
    "If this is coffee, please bring me some tea; but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee. -Abraham Lincoln

(this one is rather ridiculous!): "One cup of coffee is worth forty years of friendship" -Turkish proverb

14. burnabowl

burnabowl Dancing Tree

also, an italian proverb, pretty basic: "When there's coffee, there's hope."

15. Georgia_May

Georgia_May Member

i drink all kinds of herbal teas, only with hot water

16. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

Water please!

17. themnax

themnax Senior Member

all of the options, depending on how i'm feeling at the time, and what kind of tea it is and so on. (well, except the never, of course, which i seem to have somehow managed to hit anyway).

i do prefer 'single leaf' varietals rather then blends. the several greens and lapsang souchong, which neither of which really require anything in them, other then hot water of course.

infusions are good too, especialy varietys of mint. mint in tea is good too. and green tea ice cream and green tea ice cream mochi.

=^^=
    .../\...

(coffee, on the other paw, for the most part, is only at its best when drowned in an ocean of milk and interred beneath a mountain of chocklet)

=^^=
    .../\...

18. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Dear Themnax...

Yes Iv'e Tried ..."Lapsang S***... VERDICT...Great Stuff ...If You Need To Strip Paint...Or Loosen Rusted Auto Parts....!!! Otherwise (for obvious health reasons)....Don't Go Near It..!!!!

Cheers Glen.

P.S...Re Your Comments On Coffee.....Some Of Us Are "Born And Bred With Class"........The Rest..!!!... Drink..Lapsang...........(just jokin)..

19. recklessrick

recklessrick Member

Tea without milk is uncivilized I have an Indain place nearby that makes delightful Indian style tea mmmmmmmm!

20. Moon_Unit

Moon_Unit Member

black with 3 sugars.....i like sweet tea :)