How Do You Know If A Rig Is Clean?

Discussion in 'Opiates' started by polishman, Sep 25, 2014.

1. polishman

polishman Member

Okay, so my last score was some fake dope but they also provided a syringe. It was from a 10 pack so not wrapped or anything, but the back cap on the plunger and needle cap were intact. Didn't see any blood in it so it didn't appear used. Should I be worried that who duped me gave me a dirty needle? I drew up water before shooting squirted it out and boiled it as well. I dunno if anyone would specifically be targeting me to infect me or anything but I'm still concerned. Also I have put the needle down and quit since then.

2. polishman

polishman Member

Or am I just being paranoid?

3. RooRshack

RooRshack On Sabbatical

You quit - so why do you have the needle? And why do you care if it was clean?

Yeah, it would be pretty fucking stupid to use a fake clean syringe that came with fake dope, wouldn't it. Especially when brand new ones only cost a few cents.

You're like freshdacre on steroids - all the recklessness and lack of self control or understanding, but with worse drugs and situations and none of the redeeming personality. At least he was fun.

4. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He wonders if he was being targeted, specifically.

He quit needles.

Now, he has to worry about them getting him in other ways.

Is he paranoid or is their something to it?

Not enough info to make a determination at this point.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

you may or may not have contracted any dangerous virus or disease. I suggest you get a blood test anyway since you have IV drug use with reckless behavior .. if you dont get tested you may of contracted stupidity, highly dangerous and may lead to future health complications.

6. polishman

polishman Member

Yup, thanks, getting tested tomorrow!

I have quite all drugs, including pot, and alcohol.

7. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

iirc there is a small air gap that's consistent in size between the plunger and the tip of the barrel .. rinsing it with water won't do much. thorougly clean it with bleach, let bleach sit in the barrel for like 5 minutes and this will destroy HIV but not always Hep-C.

8. Aerianne

What do y'all think? Is Hep C is more deadly than HIV in this day and time?

9. AceK

AceK Scientia Potentia Est

people tend to take HIV more serously, apparently more americans die from Hep-C a year than they do from AIDS. not sure that means that you'd rather have AIDS than Hep-C though if given the choice .. neither is probably best.

10. deleted

deleted Visitor

many people have hep c and dont even know it. wouldnt say its super deadly.. depends on the person diet and health.

11. Aerianne

12. happydude_60

happydude_60 Senior Member

I did some looking and read that a 20 minute treatment with a 2% Glutaraldehyde solution will eliminate Hep C. There is an anti-wart remedy called Diswart that is a 10% solution of Glutaraldehyde available apparently without a prescription. I'd never heard of it before and don't know where to get it, but I guess you could try looking in drugstores. But if you've quit, why even worry about it? If you still have the syringe throw it away.

13. Joseph Free

Joseph Free Newbie

The clear part of the rig is "clear color"

14. 3CrystalVision6

3CrystalVision6 Newbie

I've had my fair share of needle use and I've used clean and dirty needles. Honestly if it's not a single one out of a pack or from a bag I wouldn't use it. You can tell if it looks "fresh" just has that fresh ahh gleam to it and if the numbers on it are still un washed off with and no blood and a cap on but people can clean rigs out with rubbing alcohol they feel that that cleans the diseases if it's been used but honestly they could use it do that then resale it but. Generally a fresh rig out of a pack or bag or a package from a dispensary is best option and . Use it once and be done with it. You can catch hepatitis from your own blood even if you don't have it reusing a syringe. But shooting up comes with risk anyway like say an abcess from a miss and endocarditis and ruptured veins and exc. I'm not judging just telling the proper precautions if you decide to. But I'd advise not really.

15. dazedgatsby

dazedgatsby shitheel

Simply run some bleach thru it then run water through it repeatedly to rinse ay ay
    remember to sanitise the injection site before and after use