How do you feel about....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by cynical_otter, May 22, 2004.

1. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

The Athen's Olympic Committee trying to ban the US flag and US athletes right to celebrate their flag like all the other participating countries?

If they get their way..the US athletes will not be able to wave their flag in celebration of a victory.

Personally I think it sucks.This underminds the sanctity of truce and neutrality during the Olympic games.

and then there's the little fact that the last time that this sanctity was breached was during the 1972 Munich Olympics.

and who did that?? Middle Eastern Fundy terrorists?

so for the sake of PC...our athletes are being gagged.

2. Mui

Mui Senior Member

who the hell really cares... cant wave your flag... lmao... that would just less annoy the majority of the world as they watch.

3. Megara

Megara Banned

what? whats happening now?

4. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

well excuuuuussssse me. it was just a question. if you dont like it...dont answer it.

LOL.Mui....always fun and exciting.

5. Megara

Megara Banned

if they want to stop the US athletes from waving their flag and not others they can go to hell. Hold the olympics in a civilized fucking country if they worry of crowd hostility.

6. cynical_otter

cynical_otter Bleh!

The Greeks arent civilized?

Bummer....Yanni always seemed so civilized to me.

7. Megara

Megara Banned

if we have to worry about the hostile crowd, yeah...though, i'm sure they are worried more about the muslims who will come over from turkey and such.

8. LuciferSam

LuciferSam Member

Eh, I don't think it's a real biggie, although I don't think its legit to ban our flag.

I don't know how the Muslim Turks view us, but I'd imagine it's nowhere near as bad as the rest of the Middle East as the Turks have little identity with the Arabs or Persians, and they're pretty secular.