how do you feel about this statement..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by TexasGal, Jul 10, 2013.

1. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

[​IMG]

agree....... or disagree ...?

2. deleted

deleted Visitor

agree.

3. wobs

wobs Senior Member

its very true

4. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Very fucking true. In fact, I am going to save that picture.

I work at a senior home, so I know firsthand what it's like.

5. *MAMA*

*MAMA* Perfectly Imperfect

Absolutely agree.

6. eggsprog

eggsprog anti gang marriage HipForums Supporter

i agree. obviously there are exceptions, but this happens far too much.

7. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Maybe we should make it a crime to be old.

8. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

I vote blank.

9. Heat

Heat Smile, it's contagious! :) Lifetime Supporter

We should make it a crime to treat our older population they way they often are treated.

10. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's funny because it's true.

11. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

I have to agree with both statements.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well the first isn't a real solution but it sure expresses a real problem and speaks volumes about the priorities of the dominant culture.

the second, there is no always, and its a matter of having a willing partner or knowing someone who is willing to be.

13. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

Do they really get to shower only once a week?

14. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

I feel horrible about this statement because it's sad and makes some valid points.

I've always thought that too much funding goes into prisons (not to mention military) when it should be going towards things like schools. Public schools need funding. Prisoners are treated way too well. So yes, why not take some of the money that is put into prison funding and give it to schools and also to elderly in rest homes to make their last moments in life worth living..

15. RainyDayHype

I guess changing the subject slightly,
    -decided to make this subject it's own thread-

16. RainyDayHype

Did you guys hear about the prisoner protest? Sorry, but, what do they expect? It's prison.

"Ten California inmates have been placed under medical observation as tens of thousands of others refused meals for a second day in a mass protest at the state's prisons. The 10 were being watched by prison medical staff for signs of distress, said the federal monitor in charge of inmate healthcare.
    Join us at 9 a.m. as we talk with Times reporter Paige St. John about what prisoners hope to accomplish with their protest and how authorities are handling the situation.
    Documents: Hunger strike inmate demands
    Inmates have issued a handwritten letter spelling out their demands for improved prison conditions, including cleaner facilities, better food and more access to the prison library. It is one of at least eight demand letters that California prison officials had in hand as about 29,000 inmates -- a slight decline from 30,000 Monday -- refused meals Tuesday.
    The protest was organized by inmates in California's tightest security units at the state's most isolated prison, Pelican Bay, near the Oregon border. Since January, they have used a network of family members and inmate advocacy groups to spread their call to action.
    The protest centers on California's continued use of solitary confinement for indefinite periods -- some inmates stay there for decades. Those conditions are also the subject of a lawsuit in federal court.
    Protest participants at nearly two-thirds of the state's 33 prisons added their own objections. "

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-la-now-live-prison-protest-20130709-dto,0,5883314.story

17. lode

lode Banned

I think you're all nuts.

I know of a gentleman who was incarcerated. Got bitten by a brown recluse and tried to go to the doctor, they told him he was lying to get out of work, so he had to go back. Next day he went back, and they sent him back. This kept on for 10 days. When he finally had to get medevected out, they had to remove most of the muscles in his leg.

This sort of thing is common. Sex assault is endemic, and because of draconian drug laws, a majority are there for non violent offenses. We as a society just use it to hide away our undesirables.

18. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

True