How Do You Feel About Pokemon?

Discussion in 'Cartoons' started by MayaPapaya, Sep 13, 2015.

1. MayaPapaya

MayaPapaya Members

So I've seen every pokemon episode and movie produced and I'm starting to feel a certain way about it. I love pokemon and all, but its starting to get predictable and kind eh.
    I want Ash to actually age and I miss the diversity of pokemon (like where all the black people at) and every time there's a new saga, Ash completely forgets what he learns, like some of the old pokemon he encounters, he like forgets everything, but the name. And what happened to professor Oak? We don't ever hear about him anymore or have old characters pop up like they used to.
    I also feel like we need stronger females. My favorites were Iris and Misty. Like can't we have a girl go on this journey and be like Ash and want to do gym battles, but still likes to be a girl?
    And Ash needs to stop being so dense and needs to remember stuff from past sagas and where is his dad and how is his mom doing?

What are your thoughts on this great show?

2. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

I thought you said you were 16, not 6?

Oh, and welcome to the forums...[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. MayaPapaya

MayaPapaya Members

I'm sorry, didn't know it was a crime to be a kid at heart

And thank you :daisy:

4. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

just being my noxious old self....:)

5. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I never found the show that good, but it must be doing something right to still be around for 15+ years. It always seemed like poor character development for the humans but I guess how immersive it is with the different Pokemon characters, likely appeals to people.

I did enjoy the first couple Pokemon video games on game boy however and Pikachu was my favorite character on Smash Bros, so some pretty cool additions to the video game world.

6. Ashalicious

Ashalicious Senior Member

It is definitely not a crime to be a kid at heart. Never, ever let anyone tell you any different. You hang onto and grasp and nurture that inner child. It will keep you young.

1 person likes this.
  7. Mattekat

Mattekat Ice Queen of The North

I used to love Pokémon when I was a kid! If you are 16 you probably weren't alive yet then though. Boy, I don't get to say that often!

Anyways, I found it got pretty predictable quite a long time ago, but I haven't seen it in forever, so it could have gotten better after that. I have lots of good memories of trading Pokémon cards and playing with them in the schoolyard though. I also remember how excited my brother and I were when they made it into a Gameboy game. I got the red one and he got the blue one and we traded when we were finished.

Also,

Obnoxious gas?

I kid, i kid.

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Trust me, I can and have been much, much more obnoxious.
    just not in the mood to rack up more warning points today.....
    maybe tomorrow.

1 person likes this.
  9. Digimon is better.

10. Sakie

Sakie Members

Never been a fan of the show, honestly. Stopped watching around 3rd gen. Last movie I watched was the Latias/Latios one.
    But, at 21, I still play the games and follow it a little. Mainly the games are my forte.

11. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I'm a local pokemon gym leader.

12. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Excellent rhyming username

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I've always thought it was dumb and stupid, but I never got into Japenese style anime or anything.

I remember Dragon Ball Z when I was at school. But yeah, not my thing and I think the fandom behind it is nothing short of pathetic but ay, whatever float your boat.

14. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I also think its stupid.... LIKE SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS........ What a piece of garbage!!

1 person likes this.
  15. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

Pokemon???
    What the...

1 person likes this.
  16. Lily89

Lily89 Members

I never liked this cartoon... It's boring as for me.

17. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It was very popular when I was a kid. I never really liked it. It's weird why are there so many animals and why are children tasked with enslaving them all so they can fight for human amusement? Even back then it was stupid to me. I'm surprised of all the cartoons made for kids that one has stuck around.

18. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I haven't really kept up with it. In the early 2000s they made several movies. I tried to watch most of those in my late 20s and found them easy enough to follow, but I had sort of grown out of them. As for the series I have no idea what is going on anymore. There are pokemon silver and gold and who knows what else. Platinum I would imagine. I don't know what the difference is, and I suspect they've probably done away with Ash Ketchum, Misty, Brock, and even Togepi must have evolved into something else by now! :)

19. Mister Liam

Mister Liam An Old Mister

Never watched the show, though I do wonder if Pokemon Go is still a thing or if people have finally outgrown it.

20. TheRainbowSkye

TheRainbowSkye Members

I used to Love it when I was little and like everyone I started playing Pokemon Go and haven't stopped yet because it's so addictive.