how do you feel about driving while stoned?

Discussion in 'Stoners Lounge' started by check., Jan 24, 2009.

1. check.

check. Senior Member

I ALWAYS drive high like i think there have only been 2 occasions where i smoked and didnt drive anywhere. i think i drive okay but im paranoid as hell, like im super super careful and stuff. today i was driving and ki kept hearing horns like in my head like people were honking at me. but if i ever got in an accident i'd blame the weed for sure. so like i personally think its bad to drive while stoned but i do it anyway.

what are your thoughts on it?

2. chemigals

chemigals They call me Chemi

Almost everyone i know drives stoned.It freaks me out big time. Im the worst back seat driver anyway!!

3. st. stephen

st. stephen Senior Member

i drive high all the time. im not the best driver in the world and weed certainley does not help, but its still fun.

4. Wiseman

Wiseman Senior Member

Ha. I can't say that I've ever ridden with a stoned person. I'm living a very dull life :D

5. whitley21

whitley21 Member

It freaks me out too. I've never done it and can't imagine trying it, but my friends do it all the time and none of them have ever been in an accident.

6. campfire-fly

campfire-fly Member

Driving stoned has never been an issue for me. I love to do it, and have been doing it for years to great extents. Like once I drove from the East Coast to Los Angeles with 3 ozs. We smoked j after j none stop from the Carolina Coast for nearly four soild days on I-40 until we hit the Pacific Ocean. Then I drove up the and down the West Coast completely stoned silly several times from L.A. to Seattle.

If I've got to be in the car for over 100 miles, I'm gonna need some weed to smoke. When I smoke weed while driving I'm much more calm and relaxed and I don't let the other manic assholes on the Interstate get to me when I'm stoned driving in my groove. After haven ridden hundreds of thousands of miles in the car with me, my husband would rather me be stoned while driving than not.

7. CPL Clegg

CPL Clegg Member

I drive stoned everyday. I don't think it affects me much.

8. HushBull

HushBull Insuperior

It's not near as fun as driving drunk.

9. Popularity

Popularity Senior Member

It doesn't really affect me much. I like to.

10. Mother's Love

Mother's Love Generalist

i don't drive, and if i did i would only drive stoned to the hospital. i think its poor planning, and when someone does get into an accident it gets blamed on the weed, and that gives everyone a bad name.

11. White_Horse_Mescalito

White_Horse_Mescalito ""

driving stone is not near as bad as driving after having A Beer

you don't go fast, sometime you feel like you have 4 flat tires :)

and you're generally careful as hell.

I seem to recall a canadian study that found out , and they were looking to show that it was worse but instead found stoners drove better. I'm sure they played down that study bigtime

12. GoodVibes1

GoodVibes1 Member

i have done it but i was just buzzing. if im irie than ill wait. a friend of mine actually go pulled when he was blazed as shit (going a little under the speed limit) and passed the field sobriety test, and got a warning.

13. Vapemaster

Vapemaster Captain of a sinking ship

I drive fine when I'm blazed..last night I almost went straight into a snow bank but that was just be being stupid. Poppin' the e-brake going around the corner and turning too hard and I turned 90 degrees and ended up facing the snow bank about a foot or two away.

14. Willy_Wonka_27

Willy_Wonka_27 Surrender to the Flow

I used to blaze every time i got in my car, till i got searched and got arrested. Now i dont blaze anywhere but my room, right before bed.

teacher: are you high?
    me: yep
    teacher: did you drive to school that way?
    me: yep
    teacher: don't drive high!!!!
    me: then how will i get to school?

15. stonemaster

stonemaster Member

it varies. some weed makes me drive like granny, all paranoid and shit, but some it doesnt bother me, just depends

16. fuzz_acid_flowers

fuzz_acid_flowers Aqueou§ Transmi§§ion

i don't drive.driving alone makes me nervous so i don't even know what driving stoned would be like

17. thisisme5

thisisme5 Herbal enthusiast

I ALWAYS drive stoned, its fun... Specially drifting stoned

18. WanderingSoul

WanderingSoul Free

When I used to drive and I would drive high... it sucked. I was so paranoid and kept swerving and couldn't control my speed. Suffice it to say it was bad for me. But I know many others who can easily drive stoned, who claim they drive even better stoned. Like my bro. He can even drive after a few beers and be fine (they just don't affect him that much). So you have to know your limits and don't do things like that unless you're comfortable with your ability. And if you've tried it and know you can't, don't. It's better to be safe than sorry, especially if you have others in your car.
    A girl I know has had like 5 of her school friends die in the past year from irresponsible drunk driving.

19. Stonertower420

Stonertower420 Senior Member

I love to do it. I don't have my license, but the first month after I got my permit I would always drive high. While I was high my parents had no complaints with my driving either.

20. Captain Cannabis

Captain Cannabis Banned

It depends on who the driver is, I'm gonna try and get my licence ASAP.

I only know a few people with cars that aren't my parents. The person I am with the most who has a car is my girlfriend but she isn't a very good driver. Like she doesnt take it seriously at all, she'll be like "hey watch this" and then gun it and it always scares the shit out of me. I've been in the car while she was drunk a couple of times.

Heres a funny story. One time a group of 4 of us were in her car and we were all hammered and listening to music really loud and yelling at each other because the music was so loud. All of a sudden the car jumps in the air (it probably didnt but it felt like it) and she goes "OH MY GOD I HIT SOMETIHNG". I'm freaking out and shit, so she stops andwe go to see what it was. I get out of the car all hammed and start walking over and all of a sudden I just fall because I was so drunk and then my other friend yells "shit theres the body!" and I got up and he's like "RUN!" and I'm yelling "it's me you idiot". That was probably one of the funniest things that ever happened.

I think she just hit a pothole or something.