How Do You Deal With Stoned Drivers?

Discussion in 'Cannabis Legal and Security Issues' started by Motion, May 27, 2014.

1. Motion

Motion Senior Member

2 people like this.
  2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I don't drive when I drink and I don't drive when I've been smoking.
    I don't drive with people who have been drinking or smoking either.
    Some people tell tales of how good driving is when you're stoned, I don't agree with it though. There are people out there driving home to their families, or driving with their families and it's sad that an arrogant stoned or drunk driver can just start a car and go driving and cause an accident with said family. It's not right, other users on the road deserve more respect albeit even if they're assholes like most road users these days.

1 person likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Testing positive for pot is meaningless. That just means the person smoked sometime in the several days to a month leading up to the crash. I smoked tonight, doesn't mean pot is responsible if I wreck my car tomorrow.

I don't think that should be permissible in court. There really needs to be a better way of determining someone's immediate intoxication.

1 person likes this.
  4. MindControlledShepple

MindControlledShepple Member

ive never seen a person drive bad stoned but I have seen many people drive terrible drunk

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's true. Like there's an alcohol limit, some people can be drunk off one drink, others 5 drinks etc. and as far as I know marijuana tests just test positive or negative like you say and where's the limit? Is a puff of a joint over the limit? A joint itself? Couple of bong hits? How do we test how high we are? What if you're like me at the moment and your tolerance is through the roof, could smoke a whole bag and still walk. =p

6. deleted

deleted Visitor

I got to have some space between my weed and driving. I dont smoke in the car, or go out after just smoking..I havent smoked in a car since I was in my 20s.
    If another person wants to smoke weed inside their car, I wouldnt be traveling with them. I dont haven any friends like that anyways..

7. -Yggdrasil-

-Yggdrasil- Einherjar

It may or may not be because my missus is Chinese but when I blaze up and she drives somewhere I'm searching for about 10 brake pedals down there on the floor somewhere :D

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I was pulled over while smoking weed in my car. Now I have a misdemeanor on my record. My lawyer, supposedly one of the best DUI lawyers in the state, didn't do squat for me, because, unlike alcohol related offenses, all they have to do is prove you were "impaired" (not intoxicated).

I wasn't even impaired, but my admission to the officer, coupled with the smell of weed in the car and a positive drug test, was enough for them to say that I was "driving while ability impaired."

The fact is, marijuana doesn't affect my driving, as I have been smoking for almost 20 years, but I will NEVER carry, much less smoke it in my car EVER again.

9. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Reeks of bullshit. Pot stays in your system for 30 days. Any idiot drunk driving and wrecking will show up positive for pot after they'd smoked it 15 days ago.

10. Ranger

Ranger Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

They did a study up in Washington State in the '70s and the results showed that experienced smokers tended to be safer than average. Just remember, he is just waiting for that octagonal red sign to turn green. lol

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Experienced smokers.

Lol.

"Hold the phones, mate. I'll get this bus to the hospital, I'm an experienced smoker"

Just sounds retarded.

12. pensfan13

pensfan13 Senior Member

I think PR is the closest to answering the OP. If you show signs of being stoned and reek of smoked weed you will likely get a driving impaired ticket. From there it is up to the judge.

13. Motion

Motion Senior Member

14. MindControlledShepple

Just to let you know they cant test you or your blood if you say your a Jehovah Witness

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Maybe some kind of selective perception? ;) :p I have seen bad and risky driving by stoned people several times.

16. Motion

Motion Senior Member

I'm curious to see how many people will be consuming this legal pot with alcohol? I think many people after a few hits from a blunt may be ok to drive. But if those people combine that blunt with two beers I don't know.

Are they putting out info in Colorado and Washington urging people not to combine weed with anything else?

17. Asmodean

A few hits from a blunt or pipe is generally not such a big problem, especially if there's an hour or so between the smoking and getting behind the wheel. But then again, I wouldn't call that driving stoned.

18. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

How would you know if the person ahead of or behind you is stoned?

19. Asmodean

Yeah haha good question. How can you even tell you never saw people drive bad stoned if you don't know those bad drivers you saw at all, let alone what they consumed.

20. MindControlledShepple

They are driving slow and sitting far back in their seats