How Do You Control Your Urges To Kill People?

Discussion in 'Mental Health' started by relaxxx, Sep 13, 2013.

1. DrummingJoey

DrummingJoey Member

I really don't have the urge to kill. I don't really even feel like violence most of the time.

2. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I love violence but not hurting people or ending peoples lifes :p I don't feel like a violent person but I also don't feel like I have to shun violence at all or my love for it.

3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I wanted to slap a guy silly today... We were in the municipal building, it would not end well so I didn't.

But I really wanted to...

Really.

4. skitzo child

skitzo child PEACEFUL LIBRA

Beat up a pillow

5. kurona

kurona Member

I play video games where i get to murder as much as i want

just today i think i just shot more than a thousand cops in payday 2

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Ship to a deserted island or lock in a nuthouse, sure. Kill? Nope.

I remove myself physically or emotionally from the presence of such people.
    Because I'm a grown up and suchlike.

7. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

I watch Beyond Scared Straight to remind me that murder would end me up in one of those hell holes.

Ativan helps too.

8. windy

windy Member

Never ever felt like killing somebody. I hit somebody once, but kill? Nah.

9. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Any desire to commit violence is a sign of an unstable mind.

You should seek professional help.

I'm serious.

10. RIPTIDE59

RIPTIDE59 Banned

I believe Meagain is spot on. Save national attack and self preservation. There is a difference between a peace lover and a pacifist. I am a peace lover.

I am constantly disgusted with people watching and enjoying extreme violence. Very disturbing.

11. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

Shit. I'm so fucking unstable...

12. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

You should definately get treatment, fly :D Before you snap!

13. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

HaHA-Funny thread-:argue:- think about the consequences

14. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Not true. It is, as the OP mentioned, part of our base animalistic instinct.
    If the desire for violence is innate in most of us. (being the exception doesn't break the greater rule.) Now, we also have reasoning skills and we know if we let every thing turn to violence our species survival would suffer. Thus we invented rules and morality. History has had a bumpy ride in trying to curtail violent action. In part because some violence is considered OK.

Most of us in this age are ok and control our thoughts before they take action. Fantasy is still allowed.

15. puffed up in my ford

puffed up in my ford Senior Member

Xbox 360,battlefield3 and gta5

16. wisedude

wisedude Guest

If you want the truth, for a long while I suffer from a great raging even murderous hatred.

I don't suffer from it any more, I have finally found peace.

But in the past for various years, I want revenge on CPS (child protection) for great injustices I had personally experienced and great injustice to various kids the I loved.

So consumed was I by hatred that I was quite obsessed with going on a murder spree with a gun and massacring as many of them as possible. I even made quite specific plans about it. I truly considered I was near the point of acting. That mass murder would finally vindicate me and my family of the injustice we had experienced. Of course then they could say "You see what a monster this guy was", but I didn't care about that, I wanted to KILL THEM.

Thankfully I never quite did it, I mean I think I was fairly close to acting.

But the hatred it consumed me. I even became angry at the people I loved, because I was full of anger and hatred over all. I struggled to support and love my family because I was consumed by hatred and the desire for justice of the bloody revengeful type.

I eventually recovered from this, and I am no longer full of hate, I know longer am consumed by anger. Indeed I am relatively happy, but it has taken many years, and certainly I will never forget.

When the time is right I may write more detail about my experiences on here, but that time is not right now.

Ultimately I guess I can understand in some cases people experiencing wrongs so great, and having no realistic legal remedy for justice, I can understand the temptation, I can understand the anger and hatred. But I can tell you it is not healthy, and if at all possible I suggest you do not follow such a path. Maybe in some cases, there may be no choice, but if you can resolve the feelings in you that are fueling your hatred- I am not saying forgiving- but let go, so you can find love and purpose in your life. Because in the end violence of the rampaging variety tends to destroy you as well as the victim, and you will lose your life, and anyone that loves you will lose you.

I recommend against revenge, even though I have come exceedingly close to it myself.

Of course if your a master criminal, are well resourced, and are extremely organized, intelligent etc, perhaps you can get some type of revenge and not be found out, but in my case my revenge would have cost me my life.

17. graciek

graciek Guest

Who says I control it >:D

18. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

i say smoke pot. a lot of pot. or chamomile tea is nice and calming.

19. junglejack

junglejack aiko aiko

alreadyposted-oops

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I whack on a cd and let the music take people's place.