How do you all afford it?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by The Caterpillar, Sep 10, 2005.

1. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

With the school year on the roll again, my cannabis use has hit the high rollings again. I've been smoking several bowls a day for the past few weeks.

On the one hand I'm thinking of cutting back, as I'm building up a tolerance to it where I have to smoke a lot to get high, but I also don't feel it's effects nearly as potently if I used to. Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Also, how do you afford it? With the amount I've been smoking I'm going to need a job for sure. I usually split bags with my friends, we get 1/8 of shwag for about 20 bucks. For all you stoners out there, would you say spending about 7 bucks every few days on pot is too much, or does that sound about right and easily affordable by a regular job?

2. Imagine17

Imagine17 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

7 bucks every few days isn't all too bad at all.

3. nesta

nesta Banned

hell, 7 bucks a DAY wouldnt be bad at all. the problem is you need to a) get a job and b) dont buy it so often, but buy quality smoke

it will last you longer than the same amount of crappy pot, it will get you high faster with less smoke inhalation, it will taste better, the high is better, and you'll be doing your lungs a big favor.

4. blueeyedson

blueeyedson Member

it's cheap

5. nesta

nesta Banned

ive only bought pot in canada once, so i don't know for a fact, but for $45 Canadian i got a quarter of some of the better pot i've ever smoked...homegrown, too. lasted me all week. tasted good, smelled good, so sticky the joint went out halfway through no matter what...some seeds and didn't look like too much, but it WAS great. and it was what i was told "wasn't really the best stuff out there, but it will get you high..." for $45 US, however, i can get a quarter of some dried up seedy stemmy low quality pot, and the buds will probably look all smashed from however they were smuggled. if i want really good pot, it's going to cost $40-50 just for 3.5g....not very cheap at all.

6. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

get a job, and if neccesary, cut down a bit. higher quality stuff is also the way to go...

7. CubanB

CubanB Member

I'll usually pick up a quarter of schwag every week.....fuck its only $20. I'm delivering pizzas five days a week and finishing up my last semester of junior college yet I have found time to smoke three or four bowls a day. I need to find some dro soon because there is nothing like a dro high. I should easily make over $50 tonight in tips....hopefully some dro will come my way later on.

8. Loser-aNm

Loser-aNm Member

well for todays sac i washed 3 cars for my dad and cleaned the house (wash dishes, mop, all that crap.. and cut the lawn)

and i made 23 bucks... not too bad... then i stop worrying about it for like a week....

9. ihavenoideawhatsgoin

ihavenoideawhatsgoin Banned

on average i spend about like 20 bucks a month. Now that school started i've had to slow down.

10. MeatWagon499

MeatWagon499 Senior Member

get a job, i make mad tips at my job and sometimes sell my meals lol.. chronic every day for me :D

is 100 bucks every 2 weeks bad? lol

11. Jennifer19

Jennifer19 Senior Member

I can get quarts for 25$ bucks and dimes for 10$. And this shit is pretty good. I got new shit today. But I have not smoked it yet or really looked at it. Soon as my mother goes to bed I will look at it and then smoke it latter. ;)

12. Colours

Colours Senior Member

i drive a kid to school, 20 bucks a week, but with teh gas prices now, thats not even enough to fill my tank, let alone set some aside for pot.

13. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

I work full time, and am able to stretch an eighth for quite a long time since I smoke only once or twice a week and only enough to feel pleasantly stoned. I also generally only buy chronic (I can afford to wait till I can get good stuff since I stretch my weed), which means more bang for my buck. Chronic is around 50 bucks an eighth, sometimes more if it's really good (got Northern Lights for 70 once, but I think he gave me a bit more than an eighth).

So, given my frugal ways, even at my crappy stock-guy job I can easily afford my friendly little habit. haha, bought some today, actually, which I shall go smoke shortly :D

14. nesta

nesta Banned

wish i could make mine last that long, man.

for like the first year or so of smoking i was such a lightweight, even if i did it every other day to once a day. i had a wonderful technique for making the most of it, usually smoked alone, and had an amazingly low tolerance. i could seriously make an eighth last me almost a month, even smoking every day. and this wasn't any kb, either, it was mids.

15. jojoeyes

jojoeyes kinda high

weeds cheap dude...i remember when i was like a fifth grader in d.a.r.e and i got the impression that only people who whipe their asses with 100 dollar bills could ever afford even light drugs, and then my first time i only had to throw in like 13 bucks and i got high three times off that...haha man just get a job yo.

16. Dan Vicente

Dan Vicente Member

haha i know exactly what you mean jojoeyes lol yeah i have a job and i save like 100 in my bank and have 50 to spend each week so thats a good balance of money too im high

17. underplay

underplay Member

I just got a job at Safeway, i get paid $150 every week :) Its gonna be fun.

18. WishIWasAHippie

WishIWasAHippie Senior Member

Yep, just got a job at Publix...so like, I'm getting 21 hours worth + another 15 hours worth= 36 hours x 6.25 on thursday...and before Uncle Sam gets his cut...that equals... 225...I figure Sam gets the 25...so 200 bucks this week...not bad I guess.

Cya

19. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Uncle Sam usually gets about 20% or so. You'll lose a good $40 to $50 in taxes.

20. WeeDMaN

WeeDMaN a pothead

Dont you love the weed that makes you feel completely retarded? Then the person actually saying its not the best but will get ya high. This dealer my buddy has he was all like, heres the weed, and it looked primo, then hes like, thats not the best tho, but Ill smoke a joint of my personal withya. And he pulled out bud that looked completely red/reddish tint to it kind of, which lots of lil red hairs, which he said was juicy fruit, and it jus blows your mind.