How do you accessorise?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by RetroGroove_Grrl, Jan 18, 2005.

1. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

I love accessories, they make the whole outfir just right...What sort of accesories do you wear?
    What special little something have you decided to make your own thing to complete your outfits?

I was thinking that it would look real cute to have long flowing ribbons tied on to my wrists and ankles whn I go to clubs and things...

I'm really digging hip girl fashion at the moment, you know, hip clothes that are pretty but dont look like you havent had new threads for 10 years

so what are your ideas?

2. mauricelcassidy

mauricelcassidy Member

i used to wear a spoon around my neck. his name was noops. he was a dyslecsic(sp) spoon. it was quite a converastion peice. :)

3. RetroGroove_Grrl

RetroGroove_Grrl I'm a big girl now

well that is certainly original

4. headymoechick

headymoechick I have no idea

LOL the spoon bit is good.

I accessorize with just a few things. I have different colored hemp peices that I made myself. I wear a gold bracelet that says "peace" in 10 different languages.

I love scarves. I wrap them around my head, my waist, my arm, neck. I have tons of scarves, too many really.

5. Synaptic Ether

Synaptic Ether Member

some friends and i met a guy who lived homeless in arcata Ca. who was called spoon. he had a spoon wraped around his wrist. real sweet guy.

but yea, currently, i'm wearing a 80's madonna style 'glove' thing i made from a flowery/lacy pair of tights with a charm bracelet, bike spoke bracelet and some round thing that used to have a cross hanging from it but it broke off. the other hand has hand made plastic bead bracelets and a long piece of pretty fabric that i tie my hair back with but i usually keep it on my wrist cuz it's fun to play with in the air. hemp with mushroom glass neclace and some black wire are tied around my neck. ankletts are fun when you dont have to wear boots. oh, and a green froggy bandana around one of my boots. scarvess, dangly ear jewlary... i used to wear rings religiously but i always get attatched to them and then lose em. that is how i do it.

6. Hippievixen

Hippievixen Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Scarves are great... I have a velvet rainbow burn-out scarf with red fringe on the ends that I bought at the San Lorenzo market in Florence... it really makes everything look classier when I throw it on.

I also LOVE big chunky jewelry... and sexy shoes. Getting dolled up is so much fun :)

7. Hippievixen

ok, I took a pic of my new chunky Texas-sized turquoise piece. A little granny out in the deep east Texas piney woods hand crafted this necklace... She buys her rocks from Arizona. This just looks good with everything. The ultimate accessory. How many of ya'll like big jewelry? :)

8. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I wear a lot of scarves on my head so my color doesn't get bleached out from the sun (and I don't have to wash my hair heh).

9. mellow_hendrix

mellow_hendrix Member

bandana on the wrist then badges, safety pins etc.. oh and sumtimes random bits of thread around my wrist

10. headymoechick

I love that necklace, Hippievixen!!!

I'm a pushover for big funky pieces of jewelry like that.

11. Hipkatmeow

Hipkatmeow Member

pretty necklace Hippievixen.

I love to wear funky earings... I have a ton that my Mom made out of hemp in the 60's and 70's... I love rings and jewlrey too... I have one hemp necklace that I wear every day. and other ones that I wear with it but thsoe change every day,.... I like scarves too.

12. Hippievixen

thanks gurl :)

i have quite a collection... it's an addiction, really :)

13. ThrftShopSweater

ThrftShopSweater Member

i wear headwraps and headtams a lot... i usually wear the same hemp necklace around my neck everyday.. im a minimalist when it comes to bracelets, but i wear a couple sometimes

14. headymoechick

yeah my hemp necklaces stay on there until I wear them out and they;re all gross and frayed when they fall off.

15. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

lol headymoechick, i know how it is about those hemp necklaces... i NEVER take mine off unless they rot off or get too gross... lol

on my right wrist there is are 2 "candy" bracelets ( i guess people wear them in raves, but i dont really rave) 3 hemp braclets, some plastic-y bracelets.. and 2 hairties/scruchies... on my left.. nothing! around my neck, 5 hemp necklaces and a looooong black and white seed bead necklace... around my right ankle, 4 different anklets... one of them jinglys! and it makes me happy when i walk.. lol

16. Fooja

Fooja Member

Mostly i accessorize with jewelry and whatever cool I can find ha ha!

The three main pieces of jewelry I wear are a barbwire necklace (its a reproduction of one worn by Hyde form L'Arc~en~Ciel... honestly soon im hoping to make a real one though), a spiked bracelet[right wrist] and a linked chain bracelet [left wrist] (which i happened to find one day in our kitchen drawer of endless crap XD!!!). Also on my left wrist I have a charm bracelet with mostly Japanese and Chinese symbols on it. Soon I might invest in a couple of celtic charms as well.

Unfortunately, my USB cable and I hate each other so it hid itself out of my sight so I will get pics as soon as we stop quarreling :$ .

Thats my mandatory accessories, but my necklace is going to be soon replaced by a variation of this that i commissioned last night. http://www.fantasyprops.com/gallery/images/collar02.jpg (It is a replica of the collars that the students in Battle Royale wore)

Im currently in the market for bracelets and maybe necklaces, so any suggestions or pics of good bracelets would be appriciated. Just PM away, hehe. Actually I might invest in one of those "LiveStrong" ones cus I like the elasticness of them. If anyone knows if you can get those kind of bracelets without anything imprited on them, please let me know!

17. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

i have two anklets on each ankle. and around my left arm 10 bracelets, on the right arm i have 14 bracelets, and around my neck i have 5 hemp-necklaces. :) i also accessorice with scarves and i have a tye-dye fleece headband that i wear all the time. :) and ofcourse i put all kind of things i can find onto my hair. ;)

18. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I love making things with beads... so I often make my own necklaces and bracelets. I made a wooden bead bracelet with a couple pewter charms on them, that looks really cool...

19. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

how can you put stoof in your hair?

20. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Haha, glad to see I'm not the only one that puts crap in my hair. XD Anything I can find.. beads, especially. I just sew them into my dreads, if they have small holes, or if they're big enough, slip 'em right over my locks. I use colored string and hemp, too, and wrap some of my dreads sometimes, and sometimes just tie pieces of ribbon in and let them hang down. It's quite fun.

As for jewelry, I have about a bazillion hemp necklaces (I get bored a lot; they're fun to make) that I rotate.. Don't have enough neck to wear them all at once. So I usually have a few hemp necklaces, my favorite is probably my squirrel backbone necklace (I got the bones from roadkill; I have a rather strange affinity for roadkill). I wear my metal balls a lot. The necklace, you weirdo. As for bracelets, I have about a thousand little rubber bracelets in assorted colors, black and silver being prominent, about 7 hemp bracelets, some pony bead bracelets I made, and a peyote stitch bracelet that I also made. Any scraps from making hemp jewelry I tie around my wrists, too.