How do monkeys swim?

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by StonerBill, Jan 25, 2005.

1. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

yeh, sorta like a bird's plummage?

2. dillont3

dillont3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Trippin, what you said does make some sense, however one thing about that doesn't make that much sense to me. Why is it that humans were the only creatures to lose their hair once they became more active. Their are lots of animals who are much more active than humans, yet are covered in fur and hair. Why would they maintain their fur/hair if that was the reason that humans evolved into becoming hairless beings?

3. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

You know, that was addressed but I cant remember...i read that book several years ago. I think it had something to do with an upright body being exposed to more wind and less sun, so evaporating sweat is better than for a four legged (who's body, being horizontal, gets more sun than an upright, vertical body). Ya know, I think that was it...guess this stoner's memory isn't all bad, haha.

4. balko

balko Member

Dude Trippin, I know kinda believe we came from monkies...meh. You're just really full of info on the subject...and can really sell the idea...

But aren't Sea Monkies those thingys you can buy that swim around in the little tank thingy...they were on South Park...lol

5. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Haha, yeah, and that was a funny episode by the way.

Anyways, here's a link to a great page that basically smashes the Aquatic Ape Theory: http://www.aquaticape.org/aatclaims.html
    and the main page: http://www.aquaticape.org/

and for balance, here's a readable page that goes into detail about some of the AAT "evidence." Seems to make sense, but as the first page shows, many are false or misrepresented claims: http://survive2012.com/aquatic_ape_theory.php

6. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

lets stp[ caring about heer whe came from and start caring about where we cane from

fucj im drunjk

7. StonerBill

StonerBill Learn

i mea start carng bout whee were going to

8. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

Drunk people are funny, haha. But you have a point (poorly stated as it was...). The past is interesting and lets us know where we came from, so it helps us understand who we are and why we are that way. The future is nice, it's good to set goals and think ahead.

But I'd say it's most important to focus on where we are, the present. I'd say too few people truly do that.

9. balko

balko Member

*coughbushcough*

No really, he's already making NASA plan a man mission to mars...and they should really be working on their shuttles so they can get the ISS cleaned up...

10. TrippinBTM

TrippinBTM Ramblin' Man

We should REALLY be working to fix up our problems here on earth before we go spreading them around the solar system. Space is cool, but damn, we have a lot of problems down here, and NASA is a sinkhole of funds. Same with oil wars, but that's a different thread in a different forum...

11. aztecpiece

aztecpiece Member

they swin with there eyes