how do i use whipped cream can to get nitrous

Discussion in 'Other Drugs' started by chris, Jun 2, 2004.

1. chris

chris Member

after the whip cream is depleted, do i just breathe in what comes out after that? how much do i breathe in?

2. TARABELLE

TARABELLE on the road less traveled

Well, my ex used to do whip cream in the grocery store and what he did is use a FULL can of whipped cream and kept it upright into his mouth and pushed the lever like normal, except it doesn't send the cream in the upright position just the nitrous. ALWAYS make sure the whipped cream is not depleted of nitrous before you buy it, because my ex just put them back on the shelf all empty. Bummer for anyone with a whipped cream jones.

3. chris

chris Member

is nitrous the only gas coming out?
    how much am i supposed to breathe in?

4. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

Once the cream is gone, there isn't enough nitrous left in the can to do much.

N2O is fat soluble, and is dispersed throughout the whipped cream as it comes out of the can. If you want the nitrous, you need to use a FULL can of whipped cream, and hold it nozzle end up to keep the cream inside while letting the gas out into a balloon. Once ALL the gas is out, the bottom of the can can be opened to drain out the sweetened cream liquid.

Better yet, buy whippits. They are expensive, but a better deal than buying cans of whipped cream! :)

5. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

& if you purchase a whipped cream dispenser, you can use the canister (empty) &a whippet or two & just suck out the gas straight from the nozzle...

or put some heavy whipping cream, powdered sugar, & a drop of vanilla (or amaretto, or crem de cacao, or cinnamon schnapps, yum...) & make your own whipped cream...

6. EllisDTripp

Not really needed with a whipped cream dispenser, as the gas has already expanded in volume (and reduced considerably in pressure) when discharged from the whippit into the dispenser. The warnings about frostbite and high pressure apply to whippits and tanks, though.

A dispenser is definitely the best way to use whippits. No need to screw around with crackers and balloons. Just put a whippit or 2 into the chamber, and pass the dispenser around. A friend of mine used to refer to her (psychedelically decorated) cream whipper as a "niceness gun". :)

BTW, a seltzer bottle is essentially the same thing as a whipped cream maker for these purposes. Just make sure you use the whipped cream chargers (N2O), rather than the seltzer chargers (CO2).

7. maryjaneguitargurl

maryjaneguitargurl I am just like you.

Like This>> Haha Jk.....................

8. moonshyne

moonshyne Approved by the FDA

I think I have the world's shittiest cracker. I bought a metal one because everyone kept telling me that the plastic one's wear out really quick....but everyone FAILED TO MENTION that the damn metal thing would freeze over! First time I ever used it, my hand stuck to it, and it was so cold it HURT. I think I'd much rather just suck it out of the whip cream can than use that damn thing again.

9. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

Let the can sit undisturbed for some period of time before you take a hit off it. And don't move it around when you hit it.

I've got instructions for making N20 if anybody has a chemistry set.

10. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

Take Dennis Leary's advice:

"And then one day, somebody found that if you breath in the gas that comes out of whip creame cans, you could get high for 5 SECONDS!"

11. JoneeEarthquake

JoneeEarthquake Member

Hold the cant straith up as soon as you open it and breathe out, then place the nozzle in you mouth and press it to the side letting the nitrous out and inhale it all. Nitrous is not actually whats getting you high, its the lack of oxygen to the brain. Tip: sit down so you dont bonk your head on anything if you fall over, thats how ppl hurt themselves!

12. EllisDTripp

Bullshit.

If this was true, you could achieve a nitrous high by holding your breath, right?

Nitrous oxide is thought to work by diffusing into the fatty tissues surrounding nerve cells, but like many other drugs, it's mechanism of action isn't completely understood.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info2.shtml

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/nitrous/nitrous_info1.shtml