How do I travel to another state?

Discussion in 'U.S.A.' started by glenn, Jan 23, 2005.

1. glenn

glenn Member

How do I book a flight from one state to fly to another? For those who have done this before, I'm sure it's familiar, but I haven't done this before (always had it done by other people when I was a small kid, who hardly remembers), just wondering.

Can I get info please? And please, if you could, reply with details on step by step on what to do. I have no idea on how to look for a ticket, and steps into finding what plane to get, cost, when I have to arrive to the airport before it actually leaves. Plus no idea what I am allowed to bring or how much.

I'm pretty much clueless, can someone help me please? Would appreciate it.

2. USNavyDeadHead

USNavyDeadHead Member

Just go to priceline or travelocity or any of the airline sites. its pretty easy and the airline site will tell you how much luggage you can bring etc. the general rule is 2 pieces of check luggage not to exceed 70 lbs and 1 carry on.

3. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

Priceline rocks.

4. glenn

glenn Member

Have you guys actually used these online places to book a flight before?

5. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I use them all of the time, have had the best luck with hotwire and travelocity

6. glenn

glenn Member

How come online is cheaper than calling the airlines?? Wouldn't the airlines be losing money to the guys doing it online? Just wondering?

7. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

I think that the airlines give the online travel sites the flights they have lots of room on
    so they can help fill them up....same with rental cars and hotels....

8. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

I've gotten flight numbers form these sites (travelosity, expedia) and then called the airline and had them put a courtisy hold on a seat for me (at the online price)while I looked for something cheaper.
    After I decide which flight I want I usually just get to the airport an hour 1/2 before takeoff, give them my hold # and pay cash.