how do i tell him?

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by kitty fabulous, May 26, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i've been casually seeing a male friend. we have a lot of important values in common. the last time we went out we talked about relationships the whole time, and he told me that he had a hard time finding women with similar values to date. in the context of the rest of the conversations we'd been having that day, it sounded like a hint.

i'm totally crazy over him. i was going to tell him how i felt, but the movie started. after the movie it was kind of awkward and i didn't know how to bring the topic up again. i may or may not be seeing him this weekend. if i do, i want to tell him how i feel. but how do i bring it up? do i just blurt it out? should i tell him in an email? how do i tell him?

2. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

i understand completly....i have somewhat the same situation...but only the gal and i have been pretty good friends for some time so that mixes things up a bit...neither of us want to fuck things up and not be friends.....i really would like to know how to go bout that kind of thing as well.....so just thought id let you know youre not the only one riding that boat.

3. WayfaringStranger

WayfaringStranger Corporate Slave #34

nest time your walking somewhere together, put your arm around his waist, if he pulls you closer to him, grab his ass. words are for politicians, action is for lovers.

4. cotter builds

cotter builds Member

if you really care bout someone....action can wait....i know that if i put my arm around my friend and if she put her hand on my ass.....id be a little weirded out.

5. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

i don't think that putting my arm around his waist or grabbing his ass would be quite approproate to what i want to convey. for me at least there's a lot of emotional stuff and important, shared values going on, so i think it requires a little more grace than just grabbing a handful of buns. not that he isn't drop-dead sexy, mind you. i'd just like to be a little more special than that.

is it cowardly to tell him in an email? especially since he keeps himself insanely busy and i'm not sure when i'll see him again? or should i tell him in person? how do i bring it up?

6. kier

kier I R Baboon

i think emails are a bit cold sometimes, so how about this...

write him a letter, in your own writting. tell him how you feel in it, everything though, how you're scared of losing what you have, etc etc. at the end of when you see him next (or you could drop it off to him) give him it. this'll give him time to read it, and save you an awquad moment ;)

otherwise, try holding his hand....to me it's a bit more romantic than grabbing his ass. i wish you the best of luck though, i'm sure it'll work out!!! :)

7. lanalou

lanalou Member

LMAO - that is advice there stranger but if i was the person that was the reciever of those i would have called u a FREAK!! and walk off....nice try though!!;)

8. akhc

akhc Member

don't just write him a letter.. u have something special u want to tell him.. so tell him personally.

invite him out to a walk (preferably somewhere magical - sunset is always good.. beach or beautiful quiet spot in a park) and say something along the lines of how glad u are that u're able to spend this wonderful moment with him.. that it's the icing on the cake. if he's interested he'd be a fool not to say something back and then just let the moment guide the conversation.

hope it works out for u!