How do I know I'm trans?

Discussion in 'Transexual and Transgender' started by justayounggirl12, Dec 22, 2012.

1. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

Well, you certainly don't come across as being genuinely trans. Or at the very least, you don't seem like someone who needs to transition. Having suffered sexual abuse is not a pre-requisite for being trans, just as it is not a prerequisite (despite some ignorant people's assertions) for being gay.

Now of course, some trans people may have suffered sexual abuse early in their lives, but many non-trans people also suffer sexual abuse. Just as many trans people never suffered sexual abuse in their childhoods.

It's entirely possible for you to be trans, and for that be completely unlinked to the sexual abuse you suffered. But it's also very possible that you're not trans at all, and the confused feelings you have are solely because of the sexual abuse. You really should seek some professional help in dealing with the feelings you have in regards to being sexually abused. Only once you have found a way to deal with those feelings, will you have a clearer picture of whether you're genuinely trans or not. There's no point in seeking help right now for trans issues when you may not even be trans. You really need to address your other issues first, to get to the root cause of your body discomfort, and dislike of women.

I wish you lots of luck, whether you're trans or not, nobody should be put through what you've been put through. I hope you can find the answers you're looking for.

2. dark suger

dark suger Dripping With Sin!

Going through transition is like a huge decision I feel like u should try lots of things before heading down that road.

3. Invisible Soul

Invisible Soul Burning Angel

Precisely. For most, transition is a very harrowing and painful process to go through, both physically and mentally. Society in general is still in the main, very negative towards trans people, particularly towards trans women (MTFs). I certainly would not advise anyone to transition, unless it was absolutely necessary for them to do so. Unless not transitioning would mean death, or a fate worse than death, I would always advise against transitioning. It needs to be undertaken, only when the alternative to transitioning is suicide, or a life that's not worth living.