How did you make the transition to hippie?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by Hari, Apr 17, 2007.

1. Star Cat

Star Cat Member

I was basically always this way, just a product of the time I grew up in I guess.

What opposed it: EVERYTHING it seemed, especially my parents! Lol!

2. pace de amore

pace de amore Member

Well honestly, I love peace, and peace is love. I love love and I love peace. I am a hippie.

3. Forget me not

Forget me not Member

I've always been a flower child. For years I was hiding who I really was because I was afraid of being ridiculed. It was when I arrived at secondary school that I realised I hated my mask! Now that people know my true identity I still get bullied but I'd much rather be me than any one else. I feel confident walking around the school with flowers in my hair and I'm not ashamed! My only regret is not being born in the 60's!
    Peace and love to all.

4. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Why would you feel ashamed? People are just shallow. Some of them are only as deep as a kiddie pool. And yoou, because you are a hippy, are deeper than the monstrous depth of the oceans. We all are. I know I am. I get lost in my own thoughts, that how deep I am. I love flowers. I always wear flowers in my hair. And long, flowing skirts. And tie-dye shirts. And Grateful Dead shirts. And my guitar. Etc.

5. SunshinePossibility

SunshinePossibility Member

I wouldn't call myself a "hippy" I'm just me. I don't really fit into any stereotypes anymore. I listen to all kinds of music and my style of clothes is very eclectic. I wear what I like and what's comfortable.

Though I used to feel like I needed to fit into a stereotype to define myself. I tried out punk, hippy, indie etc. and now I hold values from many of them but don't feel the need to "fit in" to them. I can do my own thing and still have a place in life.

6. lostdazedintime

lostdazedintime Fucked in the head

Weed, mushrooms, acid, more weed, acid, acid, acid, acid, dmt.... in that order.... i think

7. MamaTheLama

MamaTheLama Too much coffee

I'm not a hippie...I've just always cared about the earth, I accept that people are human, and for a long while there I was on dead tour, the rainbow trail, etc..hell I never really got off of it, I just got a house alongside that path. But, trust me, I'm not a hippie. I don't let bugs or drugs into my home. I expect my friends and family to be hardworking, loyal and generally sober. I'll let the world and its inhabitants be and live how they are, but when it comes to my personal space and circle I'm not that open, I don't let in the blissninnys, the leaches, those with little common sense, and those that don't respect children and the earth. It keeps me sane, and it keeps me honest enough to say that I'm not open enough to be a doormatt.

8. Ethel

Ethel Member

Am I a hippie?

Probably not, I'm too prickly. I have too many anger issues. I try to believe in peace and love, but sometimes, boy I feel like slapping some sense into people :)

How did I make the transition to who I am now? A LOT of navel-gazing, self-analysis, and generally trying to get my head sorted out, which left me a neurotic mess. Then, I pulled myself together and realised that getting rid of the bad is just the start, you have to then invite the good in, or you're left with a big empty space.

9. Nature-Lover

Nature-Lover Member

My mom is a hippie...

10. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Haha, no worries. Even John Lennon had anger issues.

11. Duck

Duck quack. Lifetime Supporter

wow.

the transition from what?

human?
    you actual self, maybe?

this thread is a joke

12. wonderyears60

wonderyears60 Member

all i have to say is being a hippie dosent mean you have to have been alive in the 60's all you have to do is believe what they believe. and be yourself...
    peace.

13. MisterEm

MisterEm Member

I've been called a hippie, mostly by my neighbors. I think that has to do with my long hair and my tendency to walk around barefoot. It's been a few years running since I've been called that.

I didn't really notice any major changes in myself. I don't really consider myself a hippie. I just happened to shift a few of my preferences of personal appearance and comfort.

14. GailSwallows

GailSwallows Member

I am a Hippie

15. Box Of Rain

Box Of Rain Member

you are who you are...i dont get why there has to be a transition?

16. hippy i am

hippy i am poppy seed bagels

Being a hippy is a precious way of life. It's all just so beautiful.

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Never saw someone change?

18. rainbowedskylover

rainbowedskylover Senior Member

i listened "help me" by ten years after, that's where it started, though the 'transition' went slow and still goes on this day

19. Mirakel

Mirakel Member

never made the transition, was just born to be a lover (not a hater), a hugger, a save-all die-hard person who is fated to never grow old.

20. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I was always a Hippie, I just hadn't heard the word yet.