how come rainbows don't like drainbows?

Discussion in 'Rainbow Family' started by MollyThe Hippy, Nov 7, 2006.

1. earthmother

earthmother senior weirdo

If you are one of those people who take up way too much space and complain all the time you MIGHT be a drainbow.

Hey this could get better than the "you might be a redneck" jokes!

I do believe that a real "drainbow would be quite obvious as opposed to folks who do "hidden" work. It's a vibe sort of thing... Some personalities do tend to grate on ones nerves...:jester:

If ya don't believe such a thing exists, and actually can even exist even if a body DOES do some work, next time "Spirit" shows up on our doorstep, I'll be sure to send him your way, right on... "Shitter digger" or not!

2. wootier

wootier Member

so ure saying a drainbow is a state of being, that even if u do work, ure essense can b a drain on people...somebody can just all around be negative? help me understand this concept of drainbow earth mother

3. Booga

Booga Member

Okay, so, cutting through the jargon, a drainbow is neither more nor less than a simple pain in the ass? Well, why in Sam Hill didn't anyone just say so?

4. soaringeagle

soaringeagle Senior Member

oh i think we do :)
    ya can say o love ya just dont always like ya

5. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

one think nice about drainbows is none of them want to be God cuz they know God is just a job

6. wootier

wootier Member

muahahaha...respect!

7. Schlüßelberg

Schlüßelberg Member

Really? It is no great accomplishment to take what others have made to be given.

It is no big thing to accept or buy or steal a candle. It IS a big thing to make the candle.

You are upside-down.

8. earthmother

9. earthmother

Ya perty much got it. Takes all kinds to make a drainbow. But if yas drivin' everybody nuts, ya might be it. Right on.......

10. wootier

wootier Member

Schlüßelberg i agree with that completely...but may i ask what does that have to do with this thread?

11. wootier

wootier Member

nm, i got high, and i get the analogy now...i havent been sleeping too much lately

12. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

Ha ha ha.... If Spirit came your way and you sent him our way... we would welcome him with open arms. I have seen that brother during some hard times, and I have seen how much enlightenment through the form of entertainment, he has brought to many of people. I accept him for who he is.

I missed a previous post that said...

I can find criticism and the pros and cons of anything.

Some of us our like that.

I refuse to ignore the bad things and just partake in the positivity around me, and I acknowledge that one can not fully understand all aspects of what life is about.... but think that if I acknowledge the negativity as well as the positivity... I will gain more insight into whatever my path in life is.

I have participated in the rainbow ideology for most my life. I however, have not participated online, for no more than about 4 years. You can gain a lot from 4 years of watching the internet. I have been called every name in the book.... for speaking my opinion and mind, even if it is full of sarcasm and pun.

At least I do speak up.

There is just too much dirt that is swept under Rainbow's rug... to where it is going to take a long time and a huge group effort to clean up. And must of it has nothing to do with drainbow or bliss ninnys or whatever people want to stereotype others as.

IT HAS TO DO WITH ALL THE KIND PEOPLE THAT OTHERS LOOK UP TO.

I am a firm believer in the secret rainbow leaders and all that rainbow management team shit. They are real, and the only thing they want to do is inflate their egos and feel important about themselves. They are trying to lead a group that has no leaders or members.

Focus on the drainbow all people want to, but that is the whole concept of that ideology in my eyes.... if people are constantly reminded of drainbows by the rainbow hiholys.... then they will not focus on the higholys themselves and actually see where the true drain comes from!!!

Look around the internet at what has happened to rainbow over the years. Before, it was not that noticeable... you had to be at the gatherings. Now with the age of internet, information gets passed around far more freely, reaches further, and actually is seen by all. Over time, people can see for themselves, that something is wrong.

Where did the term drainbow originally originate? Anyone truly know?

I have my philosophy on that subject. I personally think that all the founders were getting old and lazy and felt that they deserved the good life of retirement like most of the older generations do. Felt they had to shame others into doing the work so that they would not have to participate anymore and enjoy their retirement. If people did do work but did not work enough to meet the elders standards... they would be known as bliss ninnys. If they did not work they would be known as drainbows. And furthermore, it was decided that an elder was no longer determined by their experience but by their age... thus making it to where a lot of older people show up at the gathering and claim to be an elder and walk around busying themselves by telling others that they are drainbows ;) ... even though, they might have just got out of prison after the last 40 years for murdering someone...,

Do I dislike the so called drainbows.... I guess you can say I did???

I think I have gained and insight into my own personal actions over the past few years. It took the internet to truly show me a few things.

I do not care what others think about me. That is not an issue with me. They can accept me for whom I am or not. That is their choice to make. I claim at times not to be rainbow... but we all know how that goes.

I have realized that people read what I have to say, and others, and they begin to develop their own opinions on what they read. And they never even have stepped foot at a gathering. So in a away, I realize that we all speak for rainbow as a whole. Not just people that believe in the concept of rainbow... but the people that could care less about it and point out its faults.

And then the drainbow concept gains more strength. Instead of people focusing on changing the problems or helping the folks, they label them and shun them. It adds more to the manifestation into the creation of the negative aspect... and that reflects and touches upon the gatherings.

Do not think, that I do not know there are some really dangerous and downright despicable people, that travel under the guise of rainbow so that they can blend in and not be noticed.

Rainbow has done it's best to help find these people and make sure their issues are dealt with in a timely manner.

But how many more people will rainbow create, that had problems and were shunned by such a "loving, accepting and kind society"? What will become of them. People hating rainbows? I thought it was about the peace love and joy.

So... many years of a drainbow aspect brought upon the rainbow culture... has created a pool of negativity.

Will it equal out?

Has it?

Is there a peak?

I believe in a wholeness.... maybe rainbow was so kind for so long... that it became to one sided and now the forces of the universe are now attempting to even it out again.

Maybe it could have stayed even, if, with all that kindness, the negativity was dealt with and people were helped.

It would have been absorbed.

An insight of why a rainbow would troll other rainbows...

After years of hiholys pointing out the flaws in a person and calling them names and not honoring thier opinions, and insisting that they are not being rainbow according to what thier idology is, it might just make people point out all the flaws in rainbows just like alot of rainbows choose to point out all the flaws in others!

And then it is a hiholy vs drainbow/troll situation.

My guess is that the hiholys are truly being themselves fed by their egos while the trolls are just trying to piss of the hiholys and get a good laugh in it in the process.

AFTER ALL..... LAUGHTER IS THE BEST MEDICINE~!

And you can say... good has no wrath like a troll that knows how to type ;)

Now... since I know, someone somewhere, will come along and point out my flaw of sterotyping hiholys.... and say that is is no different than others pointing out drainbows....

I will save you the satisfaction of knowing that you can point that out to me. I know I do it to. It does not make me any better in that aspect.

I am starting to focus on whether I want to continue contributing to the negative aspect and personally think I have slowed down.

To focus on a problem, one must find out what is creating the problem. Instead of focusing on what the problem is... I think I am going to focus on myself and what problems I can create.... then not do it.

It can get hard for someone like me. I have all the free time in the world, unlike most people. I find myself deleting more posts that I would not thought twice of making a few years ago.

Maybe I realized that I was a problem.

Probably still will be... occasionally.

Can others say the same?

I often wonder how many kind brothers and sisters learn of rainbow, come online and read about it, see how "hiholy" some are and how "drainbow" others are... and decide it is just not their boat. Sad... they would never know about what they would be missing out on.

Meanwhile.... it fills up with people looking for a party and a good time, that could care less about the gathering.

Could the gathering become the world's largest skid row?

Keep telling people how unwelcome and untrue and unkind they are and focus on reminding them about their flaws instead of working with them on those flaws, and they will realize that they are unwanted. Then they will also realize that they have just found a permanent place to live and eat for free... without people kicking them out or being able to "make" them work. I am sure word will spread and rainbow will become the biggest soup kitchen in the US!

After all, think they could possibly think, that is ok to justify their actions... because of the actions of the supposed "kind peaceful and loving' rainbows treating them like shit and showing them where their place will always be... at the back of the line, one day late and a dollar short!

13. soaringeagle

poophucker
    can i suggesst we let this thread die?
    molly wanted to stor up a sebate and bring out the negative
    why are we feedin into it?

14. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

so... why would you suggest such a thing?

Is it not going to your liking or approval?

Sorry bud, but I think there has been a lot of enlightening conversation... started with a thread that might have had different motives.

I am sorry... for thinking that I was able to speak my mind freely and offer some of my personal feelings on the subject.

I guess you must be one of the people that took every fucking negative thing I said out of my post and just ignored anything positive I might have said.

Why do you think there is no reason worth continuing this particular thread.

DOES THE TRUTH SUCK?

I do not personally think I am keeping a thread open with negativity.

Threads like these teach people new things all the time... they just taught me something about you!!!

How far you want to sweep it under the rug?

I wish I could be so beautiful and blissful like you SE.

I do not see things one sided though...

15. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

...and why would you ONLY POINT OUT ME and IGNORE MAKING A COMMENT about the SEVEN OTHER POSTERS that posted and KEPT THIS THREAD GOING TODAY!?

Are you discriminating against me?

16. wootier

wootier Member

the thread is gunna die naturally, wen people stop having things to say about it, except me, i talk whether ive got something to say or not...but if its killed before everyones got wat they gotta say out its gunna cause problems...probably just a new thread about this thread... sometimes i feel like people get carried away and forget sutff cus of there differences, but the similarities im certain im much mor vast...drainbow or not, a drainbow is still a rinbow, i liked this thread, for the most part it was very open and calm and treated as an intellectual forum, but now i think everyones getting carried away, cus were all human beings, were all human beings(for the most part, i think)

17. wootier

wootier Member

i think the thread died after ure first post anyway, poorphucker, or at least i felt it should have, it sounded like an end to me, but i agreed with most of it, and obviously nobody is ever gunna agree on anything

18. wootier

wootier Member

i love u

19. soaringeagle

nonono why would i do that?
    i signalled out your post cause ya made some great points
    but look at what we got here..molly has made a thread thats confrontational and inflames passions
    and what do we got..the most active thread that is always gonna get the attention of newbies lookin to see what rainbows all about, and all ghey see is this false seperatism, this oh look how horroble rainbow is..look how poorly we treat eachother
    when u know the reality is that yea theres a tiny tiny lil bit goin on, within a greatter spirot of love and acceptance
    but instead of talkin bout how well we do do things we sit around bickering about what we do wrong
    lotta newbies will look at this and think..sothis is rainbow?
    what a buncha assholes
    a;ll i was suggesting is..if this isnt the way we want it to be..why are we projecting this image by constantly discussing the negative instead of celegrating the possitive?

20. poorphucker

poorphucker Member

Maybe that is quite the problem......................

That philosophy.

How many threads get started on the internet, that have to do with negativity at rainbow?

How many get brushed away... swept under the carpet.

People CAN discuss something and hold a conversation about something... without manifesting it.

People, for far to long, have been bitching about problems but never want to discuss what there can be done to fix these problems.

If anything, someone might read a thread like this, take heed into what is being discussed, and understand that there are people that want to see changes and go about it in the right way.

Or... we can just do the same old song and dance... and just brush it under the carpet again.

I, for one, am having problems dancing to the tune... the pile of shit is so huge that I can't stand on the carpet anymore.

yup.... let it die.. let it die.

Doing a good job.... the gatherings have shown it over the years!

Let it die :(

Then you can have the topic switch from "what is wrong and what can be done to fix or help change things".... to "why is there no gatherings anymore and there is only a festival that cost 299.99 to go to"

How many more years until the gathering becomes a burning man.

Fuck it!