How Come All The "hippies" Are Wearing Make-up?

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by WoodstockChild, Jun 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moon_flower

moon_flower Banned

Your original opinion was that make-up is wrong. We do tolerate that one. We're just saying your opinion on what makes a hippie and what doesn't make a hippie is freakin' ridiculous.

2. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

Ihmurria-
    I bow down before your post count. I am not worthy.

3. somedude

somedude Member

I thought it was hipforums.com, not hippiesforums.com. And to the girl who started the thread, when you are 15 it is easy to be super idealistic. But eventually you discover that life is just easier once you no longer give a shit about what other people choose to do or label themselves. Life is hard enough dealing with your own shit to have to also worry about other's shit.

4. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

The people here tolerate your idea and stance that make-up is wrong. No one here has any problem with you saying that! However, you saying that these people here shouldn't be here because they wear make-up and you telling people that they are wrong and not hippies for disagreeing with you.

What we have tolerated: You think make-up is wrong, you don't wear it, you are vocal about not wearing it and stated why.

What people here are not tolerating: You attacking their beleifs because they are differant from yours, you offer no room for others opinions, you are not tolerating them in the first place, and NOW oyu are trying to play the victim!

People here, NO ONE here, has any problems with you not likeing make-up and chosing not to wear it. IT IS YOUR CHOICE!!! However, since no one is hurt by these cosmetics, YOU SHOULD OFFER THEM THE CHOICE TO WEAR IT, EVEN IF YOU DISAGREE WITH IT! You should also offer this choice without criticizing them! Read closely, no one is criticizing your choices, they are criticizing oyur attitude towards everyone on here! No one has tried to say your opininon is wrong, or tried to convince oyu of it, at most they staed their opinion...

This is advertised as a free speech site. That means you exercise your right to it, and allow others the right to!

And STOP PLAYING THE VICTIM HERE!!! You are not a victim of anything here, you are just feeling sorry for yourself.

5. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

I went through it being punk too, hahaha! I was in middle school, and wanted to be with the whole skater/punk crowd so to do so, in middle school, all you have to do is call everyone a poser or prep, wear stuff from hot topic (or similiar store), listen to pop-punk groups. And it also helps if you CONSTANTLY complain about cops, even if they haven't ever bothered you, hahaha.

6. Shambhala Peace

Shambhala Peace Senior Member

I went through a sk8er grrl period. Though I didn't skate. I loved the clothing though. I went through my goth, and emo perionds too. I have always gone back to hippie though. :D I loved my goth period though. Yay for trench coats.

Edit: I am so tired. I have said too many "thoughs" at the end of my sentences. I am too lazy to change them. I just felt like pointing it out and laughing at myself though. muwahahahaha! :D [​IMG]

7. all_rhodesian_reject

all_rhodesian_reject Sonskyn Elvis

Britney Spears looks like a beached whale these days.

Original Poster....Get a grip :D

8. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

lmao!!! :p

9. prismatism

prismatism loves you

i don't know why i'm still posting because nothing i have written has been absorbed by woodstockchild yet. i don't see any evidence that she didn't just skip over everything and restate what she keeps repeating. so... WOODSTOCKCHILD, PLEASE READ THIS.

nobody feels sorry for you, because nobody has done anything mean to you. you are the only sad one here, and you're sad because you're making yourself sad.

lets pretend you are the victim. you came to a free speech forum, posted your ideas, and got brutally attacked, right? why would so many assholes be on a hippie forum? it just doesn't fit in the groove.

we are tolerating your opinion. some of us agree with it. but you have a very immature attitude, and you can be pretty harsh and mean. we're not afraid to point that out. realizing that you can be wrong and have been wrong and will continue to be wrong (not just you, everyone) is the first step towards GROWTH. don't you want to grow? don't you want to every day improve yourself?

i can't wait to see your reply. so far they haven't seemed like you've really taken in what we're saying. we're nice people. there are some of the kindest, most open and intelligent people i've ever known on these forums. it's highly unlikely that anyone here is being "mean" besides you.

10. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

as usual prisma sums it up nicely...:)

11. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

Ditto.

12. prismatism

prismatism loves you

:) you're only saying that because i said you were some of the kindest, most open and intelligent people i've ever known. egomaniacs! <3

13. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

hahaha. is that directed at me ? :p

no but really... i admire your mind, i mean... you're young, and you got a hell lot of intelligent things to say. it amazes me :)

14. prismatism

prismatism loves you

you and rayne lyric :).

and come on... we're the same age. but we can amaze eachother, i suppose.

15. stebo32

stebo32 amanita monster

:)

16. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

precisely

17. rayne_lyric

rayne_lyric Member

:D I wouldn't have said it if I didn't mean it though sweatheart!

18. prismatism

prismatism loves you

LOVEFEST!!!!

how can anyone say we're not real hippies? ;)

19. WoodstockChild

WoodstockChild Intrepid Traveler!

Hmmmmm... I don't think my opinion is wrong. I'm no longer going to be mean about it, but if I didn't believe in it it wouldn't be my opinion. Everybody is right in their own eyes and that's why tolerance is a necessary aspect. I'm willing to be tolerant.

20. crummyrummy

crummyrummy Brew Your Own Beer Lifetime Supporter

I only wear makeup tested on prison inmates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.