how can you be sure your mind isn't lying to you?

Discussion in 'Mind Games' started by Scholar_Warrior, May 9, 2004.

1. renee

renee Member

Good and bad... pick one... lol

2. Crystaleyez

Crystaleyez Member

1 word.....delusional.....

3. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i ask myself this all the time and it really scares me.

like i said in another thread, sometimes i say things and then only afterwards can i realize if they are true or not. i can make my mind think anything so i dont have a truthful grasp sometimes...god i hate it, i wish i could change it somehow.

4. Peace

Peace In complete harmony.

Our mind doesn't belong in the body. It just happens to be there at the current moment.

Maybe when you're dreaming you're mind is just leaving you're body. Ever think about that?

5. KiraBear

KiraBear Member

Somehow I feel trapped in "The Matrix" .But I often thought ,myself,Am I dreaming or am I awake.Certain things just feel like a dream and you will wake up and nothing will be the same.. either you will wake up old and remembering youth,you wake up as a child after seeing what could be.Or you could wake up and be a total different person as far as look and social status and think " what a nightmare .. that was a terrible dream.I am glad I am not that person. " Or " Damn , I wish I could be like that person in that dream." lol.. I kow it makes no sense ,possibly, but that is what I feel like .. is this real or just some crazy dream.. lol .Myself,I am not sure what to believe anymore. With the world like it is today,I hope I wake up and it was all a nightmare .But then again there are alot of things I did.. or think I did , That I would never change for anything in the world. But, you can ignore this completely.. Just my thoughts.

6. strawpuppy

strawpuppy Member

Someone said...

"I think therefore I am"

When the circles get too small, it's a good place to start from again!
    The ultimate question is:
    What is it all about?
    My answer to date is:
    Whatever you want it to be, but be cautious, the more knowledge you gain, the more terrifying the answers......................
    I think it's the way folks like us think.... wish I could stop having this super fast brain that keeps searching for the truth, cause all I've learned is that the more you know, the bigger the landscape gets!

Tripped on the good stuff in the sixties and never been right since.....
    Sure glad you are here so I know I'm not alone.
    WARNING:
    Do not force anything on anyone...If it shits up do you really want to spend the rest of your life with that trip...Go easy on yourself and others, after all, we only have each other to know who we are by. Keep you inner peace: (think about it)

7. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

Shit, most of the problems in the world are caused by ppl who believe their own minds inspite of what their senses (if they have any) tell them.

8. HerbuhLovuh

HerbuhLovuh raa

*herbal grunts and looks around, all kinds of people are around him but he does not seem to realize I am who I am.
    "Did my senses just say that!"
    Was that a question?

9. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

the when the circles-get-too-small etc. thing is good. but i'd go farther than that. or even less far, depending on your perspective.

Just Breathe.

try it. try it for an hour. don't think. just breathe. You aren't required to think to live... but breathing is highly recommended, so start there. and relax while you're at it.

10. Tamee

Tamee naked

Your mind is all you got, why not trust it, even though it may be wrong. But I don't think it is.

11. Dr. Lecter

Dr. Lecter Member

I know my mind doesn't lie to me (Although I wish it would to see how good at lying it is) because any time is does, it causes my penis to grow an inch, just like Pinocchio's nose. And my penis is still so small that obviously, my mind has been very honest.

12. Woog

Woog Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

You are on an alien ship and this delusion is being fed to
    you to keep you quiet during the long trip back to their
    planet where they will keep you in this perpetually while
    they complete the experiments. BTW, I'm one of the
    aliens fooling around with your console.

13. white ginger

lol
    could be, you know

14. hell if I know :p

15. Green

Green Iconoclastic

My mind lies to me all the time. So no, you can't be sure.

16. NaykidApe

NaykidApe Bomb the Ban

[​IMG] This demonstration of honesty restores my faith in whatever it is I used to have faith in.

My mind is only good for lieing or telling me jokes so if it isn't funny I know I better not listen to it.

17. SaraiLoruhamah

SaraiLoruhamah Member

well, what do you think your mind is lying to you about? I have arguments with my mind all the time and I always come up with a better comeback than the last, I call it reasoning, The Great Arguement never ends as I am always searching for a better answer.. Every now and then I get trapped in my mind and start to question my existence, its kinda scary.

18. cphish

cphish Member

I think about this ALL the time, Everything I say I can actually change, I can make myself think anything I want, sometimes it confuses me love wise if that makes any sense at all, What I mean is say you are in a relationship and the guys breaks up with you or vice versa, whatever, and of course there heartbroken or w/e, and of course they cry and think they need them in there life, but really they don't at all, u make urself think that, and can say and think u need anyone, but really do u.....yah I pretty much just confused myself, but any thoughts on this?

19. white ginger

Cphish, if I didn't think about the same thing, I would have had no idea what you were running on about. Try using a couple periods next time :p
    but yes, I know what you mean. Like, am I in denial that I'm heartbroken about this person? Does feeling this way mean that soon at some slight stress I'm going to realize how distressed I actually am, etc.

20. Mike87

Mike87 Member

You want to find out what really goes on with human perception and reality then watch the movie What The Bleep Do We Know.