How can we stop Koreans killing and torturing dogs and cats?

Discussion in 'Protest' started by Natz, May 20, 2007.

1. Natz

Natz Member

Is it even possible?

2. Isil

Isil Member

Not really o.o

Its their country. We cant make up their rules.

3. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

How dare you single out Koreans! What about the Thai, Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese... they all consume dog. And what's this about cats? Koreans don't eat cats! That's a myth.

And when are you going to stop eating sheep?

4. mandell

mandell Banned

First let's make all Americans become strict vegetarians, abolish all laboratory experiments on mice and other animals, abolish the cutting of trees for lumber so that the spotted owl can have a place live, evacuate all human settlements built in the Midwest so that the buffalo can once more roam and thrive in peace, then we can focus on what other people and cultures do in their own countries. :)

5. Isil

Isil Member

:eek:

Youre right.

I mean...whats the difference between eating a cow and eating a cat?

Edit: What Mandell said to xD You guys summed it all up, lol.

6. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

:stunned: wow.

7. Zoomie

Zoomie My mom is dead, ok?

Wait... Natz, you're one of Ingrid's people aren't you? If so you have my most sincere apologies. I was taught better than to insult the mentally ill.

8. Natz

Natz Member

Well I don't believe in eating any kind of animal. At least in the western countries (some of them) the quality of animal treatment is improving (yes I know, not everywhere) but here, people's voices are heard. Ok so not jst Koreans, Thai, Chinese, Cambodians, Vietnamese etc and yeah it's their countries and their culture but that does not excuse it. But it just sucks that they have to shove them all in boxes and treat them like shit cos they believe the adreneline rush they get from the pain makes them more tasty. It's fucked up but we can't fucking change it. No animal should be treated that way in any part of the world. At least in our countries we can at least speak up, but we don't have a voice in their countries. And not just dogs, cats too. And pretty much every animal they farm.

People say the reason they eat dog is cos there's so many of them, well there wouldn't be if they didn't keep breeding them!

Zoomie: Why the fuck did you single out eating sheep? And fuck you, im not mentally ill, I just give a shit. I used Koreans as a fucking example of a nation who does it. Theres blatently gonna be other countries that do it. Koreas the place where the biggest industry is.

Mandell, we can't make our own countries vegetarian, and the battle on animal experimentation is being fought slowly but surely, as technology goes on, there will be less need to use animals. We can't do all that other stuff either. Thats just impossible. All we can do is fight to ensure animals are treated well when we're alive.

The main thing that disturbs me with the [people in all those countries] is how they treat the dogs and cats.

So don't fucking pick on me for giving a shit about animals ASSHOLE.

9. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

I think it's just the fact that you seemed angry about how a specific nation treats a specific animal in your first post. You say afterwards that OBVIOUSLY you didn't just mean that, but clearly it wasn't obvious to everyone.

But yeah, apart from anything else, you can't stop them eating cats and dogs until you find them something else to eat. And, let's be honest, why would you want to? We can pressure them to treat animals better (even if they're going to kill them anyway), but ultimately the decision is theirs, not ours. We'd be the first to get pissy if someone accused us of being cruel, so we shouldn't expect them to react any differently. As you say "we don't have a voice in their countries". What I'd like to know is: why should we? Terrorists want a voice in your country. Do you listen to them?

10. Natz

Natz Member

wtf does this have to do with terrorists? animals should have equal rights around the world, similarly to human rights (even though yes I know, people dont always respect human rights). Why bring this back to terrorists? They want a voice in our countries for different reasons to how animals are being treated. You can hardly compare the two. And they do have other things to eat. Dogs are just an extra. They see them in the same way our culture sees pigs. If someone accused my country of being cruel, i'd agree.

11. Natz

Natz Member

12. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

The point is, you wouldn't want people from other cultures complaining about yourn country's ethics, even if you agreed with them, because it's not their place to do so. Terrorists' motives for trying to have a voice in your country is that they want to impose their will and their morality on you. If you wouldn't start wearing the burkka just because they told you to, why should Koreans stop being cruel to animals just because you told them to? It's an analogy, isn't it.

And plenty of people mentioned that animal cruelty is going on in your country. You seemed to dismiss it as something you couldn't do anything about.

All I'm saying is, sort out your own country first. It's shit that that's the way the world has to be, and it's not impossible for other countries to put pressure on Korea et al, but ultimately there is a limit to what you can do and you need to accept that. Fight the battles you can win.

13. Natz

Natz Member

I actively fight for better treatment of animals in my country. I know its still bad, but as I said earlier, it's improving cos we have a voice.

14. lifelovefun

lifelovefun Member

Commision the Boca company to start putting out Dog and Cat flavored Boca Burgers :) They've already got the beef and chicken flavors down, so dog and cat should be just as easy lol

15. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Well, the best thing you can do is encourage Koreans to do the same. You can't preach to them, is what I'm saying, not because you haven't done enough at home, but simply because it's not your country. If you can persuade people in Korea to campaign, you'll be doing something right without over-stepping your boundaries.

16. dead_head_0000

dead_head_0000 Member

Nope. Its really disgusting though!

17. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

thousands of years of buddhist/hindu vegetarianism and it is the western countries who are superior in the treatment of animals because "our voices are heard"?!?

save your outrage for your own ignorance. i have been vegetarian for 14 years and am raising two children vegetarian, so do not attempt to stare down at me from atop the animal rights soapbox. your post was pretentious, ignorant, xenophobic and very, very offensive.

18. Alaskan

Alaskan Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

We could start in our own country. Hawaii for starters, have seen several dogs as the main course at a Sunday BBQ.
    Or our new citizens from Viet Nam. The squirrel population in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park has dropped since they settled in the Bay Area.

19. SelfControl

SelfControl Boned.

Yeah, what the hell are they playing at eating animals we don't? THE CHEEK :rolleyes:

20. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

The real question is:

When do we start eating such wonderful food as dog and cat?

We need more variety in our diets!