How can the peace, love and respect of the hippies heal humankind in this day and age

Discussion in 'Question of the Week!' started by granite45, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Or it could be that black people ACTUALLY ARE worth a damn.

2. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Same for everyone, not just black people?

3. I'm not the one who brought black people up.

4. But according to you, since black people are so easily taken advantage of, I guess it's just survival of the fittest if they go extinct.

Kirstie likes this.
  5. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Nope, you're way off.

6. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Its because of this mentality that has caused such division of so-called hatred. Not because of Trump, but because of politically incorrect accepting people like yourself that has caused social division.
    You just don't get it though, and yet I'm the apparent thicko uneducated type that you're basically slagging off about racial indifference's.
    No wonder civilisation is crumbling. Just no unification anywhere. Let the wars begin - destruction for everything. To me that seems to be your mentality.

7. Meliai

Meliai Banned

You're being really dramatic

8. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Leftists tend to cause that.
    Proper peaceful loving people ain't they!

9. I don't know if it has anything to do with anything you're saying, because I can't understand a word you're saying. I don't mean to put you down, but you don't have a firm grasp on the English language. You're using incomplete sentences and incomplete thoughts and putting periods at the end.

I really don't mean to put you down. I should have never entered this conversation, because maybe the others can understand what you're saying. But like "...slagging off about racial indifference's." You're showing ownership to the word "indifference." I take it you mean "indifferences" without an apostraphe, but that is not a commonly used word in itself. I don't know what racial indifferences are. I don't think you do, either, and you should just stop.

My mentality is that I'm automatically against you for promoting social Darwinism and survival of the fittest. It's a cop out. It speaks nothing to the essential goodness of humanity or of an individual. I'm deeply sorry if I have offended you, but I don't think you're speaking from the heart. Just say what you mean, please.

10. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

I literally 100% entirely appreciate and understand what you're saying.
    Just a case of class separatism vs privilege.

11. I have no idea what that means. I am not privileged by any means. And what is class separatism? Am I just supposed to know these things?

12. Kirstie

Kirstie Members

Right there, spot on perfection of case in point.

Outdoor Sport likes this.
  13. In other words, you are too high and mighty to explain yourself. And yet you try to call out others on their elitism, which just figures. Typical.

You should stop projecting and just say the mean things that you mean.

14. Sallymae

Sallymae Members

I just think we are soooo lucky to live during the greatest time in mankind's history. We have nearly eliminated severe hunger and poverty from the majority of the world. 85 percent of the world has access to electricity and heat. Worldwide life expectancy is over 72 years (in 1900 it was 32 years). We have vaccines for many diseases. We have Penicillin. We have birth control and no smallpox. 86% of the world is literate. Legal slavery no longer exists. 95% of women survive childbirth and 98% of children. We have frozen food (imagine life without food for 3-4 months a year). In 1960, 28% of children worked today less than 9%. 80% of people survive cancer vs 55% in 1980. 95% of the world has running clean water. Still, we can get better but I'm sure anyone who lived over the past 2 Milllion years would gladly trade places with us. So smile.

oldguynurse likes this.
  15. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I think you'll find that the French (Trappers) had a lot to do with the original killing of native tribes - as did several other European contrymen and women - with a lot of the genocide of Native americans coing after you colonists got your independence
    • 1782. The Gnadenhutten/ Moravian massacre, killing of 96 pacifist Moravian Christian 'Indians' (primarily Lenape and Mohican) by U.S militiamen.
    • 1864. The direction/instruction by Pastor John Chivington to massacre 'Indian's at Sand Creek.
    • 1890. U.S Army massacre of civillians at Wounded knee
    to name but three
    We all have played a part and bear responsibilty - and whilst ignorance is no excuse, the early days of fight to love can be a factor, - once (supposed) law and order and civillised attitudes advocated and set up as required standard, the reasoning/explanation is less justifiable
    IMO

CurtisCCheck likes this.
  16. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

You can't "heal mankind".
    All you can do is offer peace and healing to the next person you meet. And then the next one. And the one after that. Ad infinitum.
    Eat the elephant.

oldguynurse and scratcho like this.
  17. CurtisCCheck

CurtisCCheck Members

From me studying a biker hippy in our household and the conversations we have had while smoking some herb, he has told me all civilizations die after 300 years or so and it has been this long since "independence" or freedom has been established as free public thought. Soon the evil of capitalism will plague, lies will get exposed and civilizations get wiped out. Happens every 300 years to every civilization in history apparently. I try to research whenever I can. Great intriguing post.

18. CurtisCCheck

CurtisCCheck Members

Being said, offering peace is tolerable if the other civilization agrees to peace. We can't do this if the upper and lower classes continue to spread it over the media, people follow and continue to share it. What could we do to solve?

I wonder if the senior veteran hippies have actually helped the junior hippies evolve to generate a new peaceful evolution rather than be worried about everything about the media?

19. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The hippie era with it's ethos of peace ,love and desired harmony was-----well--earnest , well intentioned, and frankly---much fun. Those who partook were of a kind. ( def including me )Those for whom violence was / is a legitimate way of life in obtaining the needs / wants of life are also of a kind and have always been a major part of humanity. Methods applied include outright force-- person to person, governments to governments, monetary systems like capitalism, communism and other forms of forced compliance. No, I think that the humans that are a sorry lot will remain and stamp out any recurring, overt ,societal desires to return to the ethos of the 60s. Shame that. This little blue ball hurtling through space coming from---somewhere , going to --somewhere, could be a genuine paradise for all sentient beings. But----not happening. All such movements will be excised or absorbed.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2023
    CurtisCCheck likes this.
  20. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Well, to answer the OP,

I feel like hippies have plenty of wisdom to share. I remember jogging two days ago and I nearly jumped out of my skin! I smelled patchouli... That's a real memory! :)

When I was in high school (1996-1998 because before that was less academically structured in boarding schools for troubled youth) I wanted to listen to the Grateful Dead and finally bought "American Beauty" at some point...

I also tried to emulate my own rendition of what a hippie would be like today.

And I also forced myself to take a lot of psychedelics. I have tripped out about 30 times (which is a conservative figure). I was always "frying" on acid or "shrooming" on mushrooms.

But all of that is neither here nor there, until about 5 years ago. Around that time, I was wrapping up my sociology degree (I have an Associate of Arts or Science; I don't remember), and many of life's little messages were starting to make sense.

That is where I am now. I am not always content or happy with life, and I don't always feel accomplished or in any way social. But lots of times I find that I have a reasonable perspective on what is going on.

That is where I am at, and where I leave my legacy.

oldguynurse, ~Zen~ and CurtisCCheck like this.