How Can People Kill Another Human So Easily?

Discussion in 'People' started by Dax, Apr 26, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

Our prisons are filled to capacity with human beings who have killed another human. Many have killed several people. What kind of fiend is capable of stabbing or kicking someone to death? Surely not every killer who has pushed a broken bottle into their victim's face is insane. Why do some people kill so easily?.

DrRainbow, Bilby and soulcompromise like this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i thought our prisons were filled to capacity with human beings who had drug problems, plus a few killers mixed in there.

3. Dax

Dax Members

Okay but that isn't the point of my thread.

4. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

The percentage of people who kill "easily" as opposed to just an isolated incident where they snap or commit a crime of passion, probably mostly had bad upbringings and/or mental disorders. I think a mood disorder in the wrong environment could potentially be just as troublesome as someone with a psychotic disorder.

Also some of this is perception, dress a person up in camo or give them a badge to potentially kill people and then we call them a hero.

porkstock41 and mysticblu21 like this.
  5. Bullzaye

Bullzaye Members

That is not just *purely* a matter of perception! It's a matter of intent, and circumstances. A person who is wearing camo or a badge (I presume you mean military and police. They're not playing "dress up", but undertaking a huge commitment), if they actually do kill a person, is doing it (generally) in the defence of others. While I can believe that there are a few who may be abusive of that position...*many* military and LE who end up in such a circumstance, experience grief and regret over having had to take a life, and at times suffer from PTSD. It likely was not your intent, but I take umbrage at lumping all military and police into the same category as actual murderers. That's just my opinion.

wrat, Eric! and mysticblu21 like this.
  6. parua

parua Members

Bad software and/or bad hardware.

Driftrue likes this.
  7. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Any attempt to civilize all of humanity, will fail just as an attempt to cure the greedy will. They are connected.

Running Horse likes this.
  8. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Killing a person is killing a person. Only in that fact am I lumping them all together.

Those matters that you listed influence our perceptions as to whether we consider it a noble killing based on cultural values or a despicable act based on violating said values.

Have you ever seen The Boondock Saints? What about vigilantes? How do we view people who claim to kill in defense of others but who aren't playing dress up and not granted the proper authority? Are they to be celebrated like military/police or despised as criminals?

Driftrue likes this.
  9. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

10. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

11. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i have no idea how people kill each other. hell, i don't even understand hunting.

12. tikoo

tikoo Senior Member

Death to the murderer is a concept . An idea is killed . There are hazards in
    having big brains with ideas , and the trouble with demons is that they are ideas
    poorly related but then twisted together anyway .

Death and penalty are two ideas that make a demon .

13. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

I'd say sometimes it arises from psychopathy and a general lack of empathy. Most of the time though I'd say it's reducible to a moment rage/madness. Anyone can kill under the right circumstances some people are just way more likely to pull the trigger.

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

In my previous lives I have killed a total of 117 people. This is the first time I have been in a females body.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

If I was really really really hungry, I think I'd kill for a bacon sandwich

Bacon, Swiss cheese, pickles, some fancy relish

Yummmm

WhatJustHappened likes this.
  16. TheGreatShoeScam

TheGreatShoeScam Members

I could have used a chair in the background to easily stop that woman.

Wasn't until these videos started coming out did I ever see video of real executions.

[​IMG]

three social processes, authorization, routinization, and dehumanization.

Dehumanization involves redefining the targets of prejudice and violence by making them seem less human (that is, less civilized or less sentient) than other people. You’ll see dehumanization at work in most large-scale atrocities or genocides.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2020
  17. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

You did not mention the ones who forgot to pay a parking fine. :yum::yum::yum::yum:

18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

so your previous lives were all killer virgins?

19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

No, I've just always been a skull splitting warrior. ;)

20. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I split skulls for a living.
    I soak brains in wine.