How can Men & Women call themselves ''Straight'' if they have never tried gay sex?

Discussion in 'Love and Sex' started by Genetics, Jul 5, 2013.

1. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

I think OP should go try sex with his(?) grandma just to make sure he doesn't like it.

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

So, a virgin would have no idea of their sexuality?

While I get the "don't knock it until you try it" thought, people know who and what attracts them. Even if it is untried.
    I am attracted to, say, a Chevy Volt.
    I've not driven one, but I have driven a Prius on a road trip.
    Eco vehicles attract me. Some women attract me. So, too, do some males.
    Kids don't. I know I'm not a pedophile! I don't have to try it.

A life-long vegetarian does not need to try meat to know what they want.

It is possible to define yourself by exclusion, and that is ok.

3. nightnurse01

nightnurse01 Guest

Are you serious? This just makes no sense......

4. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

How can you state that feces is no good if you have never eaten it?

5. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

The amount of faulty logic being spewed by the OP is giving me a brain freeze.

You're being called a troll because it's easier to accept that someone may be taking the piss than to accept that someone can't handle basic reasoning.

6. nightnurse01

nightnurse01 Guest

Excellent point!

7. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Whether its about the heart or whats in your pants. Its going to be whoever sticks in your head the most, you cant stop thinking about, whomever gets the blood rushing and you all dizzy about when you come in contact with that person or whoever makes you stay awake all night having tantrums over a tub of icecream if they dont like you back.

And with that, its not up to you, you dont decide who makes you crazy

So saying someone doesnt know such and such is going to make them crazy UNTIL they jump in bed with them is stupid.

And another Gem for the OP, since he picked the username Genetics. Nothing is innate, everything is learned, just a lot of things are learned too quickly for us to notice. No one is born gay, at best you are born with a set of characteristics that mean you are far more likley to end up gay

8. Manservant Hecubus

Manservant Hecubus Master of Funk and Evil

Quite accurately describing my current state.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Me too, except its all still pretty much governed by whats in my pants. As for the heart, if I need to get mushie i just watch The Notebook again

10. silk896

silk896 Member

Being gay/lesbian is far more than just having a same sex encounter just as many gay/les people have had hetero-type sex,
    It's way, way deeper than that.
    The words "desire", "love", "relate" also come into it. Heavily.
    Its more to do with who is attached to the genitals than just sex, and gay/les people know it.

11. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

I think where one is placed on the "which gender do you find yourself attracted to" scale varies person to person.

These categories are meant to describe a default feeling that I believe is instinctual in the same way a baby who has never eaten before knows they are hungry for milk.

I believe some are born gay, some bisexual, some purely straight, while a small minority are asexual.

And sure I'll give the OP the point that labels CAN be meaningless or arbitrary. Labels are society's way of categorizing things together and are only as good at describing as an individual is truthful about themselves.

Now the OP mentioned meal choice; the analogy doesn't hold up to logic because meal choices are a preference but are not instinctual. We know this because we can influence an individual to like certain food products (marketing aka:commercials) we can't do the same with changing one's sexual orientation.
    ---

I have a lesbian friend who told me from a very early age (single digits here) she didn't get the big deal about girls being boy crazy, she liked girls always.

Her experience mirrors my heterosexual orientation. I had crushes on girls since I was a little boy, albeit it wasn't sexual, more like a strong curiousity via the puzzle their existence presented.

Does anybody else recall their first reaction to the existence or the opposite gender, and looking back can you now see indicators you were straight, gay or bi even in childhood?

12. Smokinjoe

Smokinjoe Member

Ok wow is all i gotta say. Ok i cant see that you have to try something before you can say you rnot that thing. bu i can see saying dont knock it till you try it . Because you once you ad sex with a kid your a PEDO even once just dont try fucking a kid cause you wanna say your not a pedo or fuk a dead body cause you wanna say your not a necro comon now man you dont have to try something just to say your not that " Im not a cop killer oh wait yes i am i killed a cop" yousee what i mean it really dont make that much sense

13. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

I consider myself as being heterosexual, though, I find the male sexuality arousing if/when presented in the certain way that I can find arousing. This, however, does not mean I'd ever develop a romantic feeling for another man. I just don't feel that way toward men.

Now, I think that, if anything, I perceive myself as simply being sexual. Even slightly pansexual depending on the situation. But I'm just talking about my sexuality aspect here, nothing more. As far as relationships go, I can only see myself in heterosexual ones.

I think the following is a common thing for a lot of people regardless of their sex:

When I was a kid growing up, I'd often get physically aroused upon witnessing fellow children the same sex nude. For me as a male, this would typically occur while getting changed for PE(especially the swimming class), in the bathroom while checking out other boys' penises, while taking a bath with my friends, so on so forth. My childhood male friends would develop erections at such times as well. Now, this is the interesting part; this may happen to so many people but not everyone of them later perceive themselves to be homosexual. Some may, but not all. The whole thing is simply children exploring their sexuality. During this stage, I felt erections of other boys, and had them feel mine. I never identified myself as homosexual back then, and I don't now. I've always been heterosexual...for the most part, anyway.

But really, the previous paragraph somewhat corresponds with what Monk was saying about his lesbian friend. I think that what determines one's sexual orientation lies much deeper within one's inner self than some may assume(which was also previously suggested by Silk). As with Monk's friend's case, some homosexual people instinctively know of their own sexual orientation from a very early age. Some may come to that conclusion some time after puberty upon exploring their orientation. In which case, there may be failed attempts at engaging in heterosexual instances a number of times before they finally become convinced of their homosexuality. In any case, I personally believe that one's sexual orientation is decided from the very beginning of one's life.

To answer Monk's question(the last sentence in his post), I remember from very early on(kindergarten) that girls were very attractive to me. Although, my mother would say I was already like that at the age of two, and apparently was hitting on a slightly older girl at that age, LOL. xD Now, in kindergarten, I remember having this nice feeling I have later come to recognize over the years as "romantic" toward one girl in particular. From then onward, I would recognize this feeling and would associate it with something I could only experience with girls. Because, simply put, I couldn't feel that with other boys. So I guess I've always known I'm heterosexual.

14. FlyingFly

FlyingFly Dickens

@OP

I've found solution.

If one is a virgin, he is not gay not straight.

When he/she reaches 18, dead body, small kid, animal of choice, male and female are brought to him/her.

He/she fucks all of these and then decides what he/she likes the most.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I see no other option either :2thumbsup:

16. nz male

nz male Senior Member

If I had sex with a guy, there are some things I wouldn't allow him to do to me & me to him. Unless we compromised somehow & did what we only would allow. Sometimes you need to set boundaries on your likes / dislikes beforehand & then do what you consider acceptable.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've always found labels to be quite handy. If I go into a hardware store and tell the man-"give me one of those big things, please". He will then need some further identifying information. He may say-" what big thing are you referring to"? If I'm a person that doesn't like labels, I might say 'I don't like to label things-it's predudicial". He will then probably say "get the fuck outta my store,moron!!" I would then exit the store without the big thing I wanted.

( I obviously have waaay too much time on my hands)

18. Maelstrom

Maelstrom Banned

I am the same way. It is absolutely impossible to describe anything without using a label.

19. Quiet Storm

Quiet Storm Member

I'm straight because I have NO DESIRE to be with a woman -- sexually or in a relationship.
    A man's body sexually arouses me and that is what I desire.
    Nothing can compare to a nice dick!
    Most females get on my nerves too, I couldn't imagine having one as a partner, I'd go crazy.
    I have know girls who are bisexual, they find women just as attractive as they would a man. I do not. At all.

20. TAZER-69

TAZER-69 Listen To Your Heart! Lifetime Supporter

So I guess that you should let a donkey fuck you so you will know if you are into beastiality!