how can i put stoof in my hair?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by peacelovebarefeet, Jan 21, 2005.

1. peacelovebarefeet

peacelovebarefeet BuRniN oNe...

i was wondering...

how can i put stoof in my hair?? i'd love to put blinky lights and bells in my hair for festivals and concerts and such, but i dont have dreads... if i did it would make it a lot easier, just stick in the dread and go!

but i have blonde, straight hair, and as hard as i try i cant find a way to get these things in my hair!

rawr!!!

any ideas people!?

2. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

What if you like braided it into your hair or something? :D

3. lyla

lyla Member

that's what i do... it works really well, and it's great fun!
    shells are my favorite things to put in my hair

4. loveflower

loveflower Senior Member

oh my god, call the press, i think this is the first post by patrick that has not ended in a :rolleyes: :eek:!

5. Soulless||Chaos

Soulless||Chaos SelfInducedExistence

Hehe I've had feathers in mine on occasion... :rolleyes:

6. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

bobby pins. I has white garland "dreads" for a KanNal show on solstice.

7. peacelovebarefeet

could someone give me directions on the braiding technique?? thanks!

8. ArtLoveMusic

ArtLoveMusic Senior Member

Heya theres loads of ways to put things in, either tiny little bands OR sewing them in OR attatching things like how you would false hair in braids.

Tiny little bands:- You can get these from all different places, things like feathers, beads etc will hold in with these, i DONT recomend using them near your roots.

Sewing:- mights sound stupid but i used to do it. When i braided my hair in little plats (its dreadlocked now so no more) i would tie the end by threading a needle and sewing throught the middle and round one side a few times then through the middle and round the other side then id go through one of them sides and do the same from the side... if that akes sence (i'll try and do some pics for these for you in a bit.)

Attatching like false hair:- this works with ribbons, string, thread, zips, fals hair, fabris scraps anyhting that long (and you could sew bells etc onto the ribbon etc)
    Its basically done with a four way platt at the root for a few cycles then re split the lot into a three way platt to the bottom, you can either keep the ribbon bits in the platt or leave them out so just your hair does the three way platt and the ribbon hangs loose. Its important to do the 4 way platt bit or else the ribbon slides out of the platt.

i'll try and do you some pictures.

9. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Braids. Make sure they're tight, though, or the stoof'll fall out. :p If you want your hair to stay straight, but you want stuff in it, then only braid some of it, like a few little african braids, and stick stuff in those. Before my dreads, I did that.

10. lyla

lyla Member

assuming you want to do little braids...

1-braid your hair half way down or so, til the point where you want your hawt stuff in your hair.
    2-take one of the 3 strands of hair
    3-thread whatever it is you want onto it
    4-continue braiding, making sure that you add to the braid BELOW the item, rather than on top(this pushes the item down)

Does that make sense?

11. toolmaggot

toolmaggot Nuts Go Here.

Well, If you want braids with like, ribbon and stuff in them, then when you seperate the three chunks you're braiding, tie a ribbon to one of the chunks and braid it in. If you want to stick stuff onto your braid, just make a nice, tight braid and stick whatever you want in. Like Fleassy said, you can sew beads and stuff into braids.

12. peacelovebarefeet

do you think that if i put some small braids in my hair and braid a ribbon in with them with bells at the end, that that would work??

13. ArtLoveMusic

Ummm ribbon with small braids wont work, make the hair strands the same thickness as the ribbon if you want them platted along the braid, otherwhys then yea i guess it would :)

try just mucking about with it, thats how i worked it out.

14. peacelovebarefeet

oh yeah fleassy thats what i meant, it just came out wrong... lol

15. ArtLoveMusic

i'll get a few images of how i've done it in the past if you want. theres a pic in my gallery with a lot of my hairstyles in it but i'll find a few thats just like what your on about and put them in here.

16. peacelovebarefeet

THANKS!!

any ideas for lights?? done the same way???

17. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Well, this is what i used to do with my hair when i wanted it more colorful, it took yarn and braided it into my hair, and we but glow in the dark-beads at the end, and some plastic strings too. :)

here's how my hair looked then.
    [​IMG]

18. ArtLoveMusic

yea i used to have my hair like that only purple and none of my real hair would be showing hehe, people used to call me a raggy doll :p

Lights?? ...hmmm how do you mean??

Uv strands of plastic or string work really well espeically if you raving a lot :)

19. lyla

lyla Member

that looks fantastic! i'll have to try that!

20. MiniBix

MiniBix Member

Yeah. when i was at a tranceparty, people would just come and tell me that my hair was awesome and pulling it 'n stuff. but it was kinda hard to sleep with it sometimes. :p

same when i was in canada, old ladies would just come and pull my hair to see if it was real and then run away. soo cute. :p

But yeah, my real hair is showing, but i didnt really mind, since my friend did it for free. 9 hours of work. i think it looks super duper great for that amount of money. ;)