how can I purify weed resin

Discussion in 'Drug Chemistry' started by InFlames420, May 25, 2004.

1. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

Hi, I just scraped a huge amount of weed resin out of my bong and was curious if there was a simple way to purify it. I just got diagnosed with a lung infection and wanted to save them a beating. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. madboy139

madboy139 Member

not sure of a way to purify it but don't smoke at all with a lung infection. id make brownies if i were you. they get you so much more fucked up anyways.

3. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

i don't have too much resin, a little bit less than the size of a quarter (coin). I don't think that would be enough for brownies.

4. mmelody

mmelody Member

use a vapouriser...but give your lung a rest...its trying to tell you something!

5. EllisDTripp

EllisDTripp Green Secessionist

After doing a hexane extraction, column chromatography would be the best way to separate the THC from the rest of the shite.

Unless you just want to practice your lab skills, probably not worth doing, though.

6. madboy139

madboy139 Member

I didnt' mean you should use the resin to make brownies. I meant you should go buy a half ounce. But I guess if you don't have any money/reefer you could try making crackers. You cover the reefer in cheese and melt it on a cracker. Supposedly this works like melting it in butter, the thc is dissolved in the fat molecules so it can be absorbed better in your stomach. Haven't tried it though.

7. InFlames420

InFlames420 Member

i'd obviously rather buy reefer, but don't have the money so i'll try extracting it with hexane,

thanks

8. gnrm23

gnrm23 Senior Member

if you "shake" the hexane (& dissolved goo) with water, more gunk will go into the water & the resulting stuff in the hexane will be even purer...
    (remember, hexane is pretty much like gasoline but even more flammable! so be careful while evaporating off the solvent...)
    still, trying to salvage the icky resin from a bong sounds pretty horrible...

9. Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai Member

Treating your resin with multiple long & thorough discharges of butane will do the trick. The butane will pull ny and all THC present in that tarry mess and leave all that nasty nonpsychoactive trash behind. :)

10. stonr

stonr Member

tahty black shit in the bowl is tar and other garbage i wouldt even eat or smoke it i would trash it and make proper hash, look up resin in the dictionary and the shit out of the bowl DOESNOT fit the definiton at all

11. tiki_god7

tiki_god7 Member

boil some water and let the resin disolve in there, while its hot add a bunch of honey and some sugar, let it cool a bit and drink it! surprisingly enough it doesn't taste too bad and your lungs don't have to take such a huge hit from inhaling all that other garbage.