How bad can the germs get on your piece?

Discussion in 'Show Your Piece' started by The Caterpillar, Sep 5, 2005.

1. The Caterpillar

The Caterpillar Member

So I just got a new bubbler(see thread in the "Show your piece" forum), and really want to smoke it tonight with a few friends. One of whom has been pretty sick lately, he thinks he may have bronchitis, although it may just be a cold, or something else.

I want him to be able to try Casey Jr.(the name I gave it), but I don't want to get any sicknesses from him. What do you guys think? Is it safe to have him smoke from it, or no? And if you do get bad germs on your piece, what do you guys do to clean or fix it all better?

2. MarijuanaPhysicist

MarijuanaPhysicist Member

3. mellow

mellow Eased

well ya, sharing a pipe with someone who's sick isnt a good idea...the best thing you could do is smoke one bowl by yourself, then pack another one for your friend,
    and wrap tape around the mouth piece of your bubbler, so germs dont get transfered onto your peice...but then again they prolly will because he's holding it with his hands...personally i would wait till he was better

4. mushie18

mushie18 Intergalactic

i smoked with people who had mono and never caught it..but if you dont feel like taking the risk, dont.

5. TheLizardKingMike

TheLizardKingMike Members

One time I was smoking with a few of my buddies and one of them had a cold and didn't say anything about it. We were passing the bong around and I got the worst chest cold I ever had that lasted for like two weeks. It sucked.

6. nesta

nesta Banned

yeah, one spring break in highschool a bunch of friends and i were all hanging out at the dam and smoking a LOT of pot all week. eventually almost EVERY ONE of us except two or three got sick within the next week....bad colds, each and every one. only one or two were sick to begin with.

chillums (REAL chillums) are the most sanitary pipes for group use because they don't require ANY contact with your mouth.

[​IMG]

7. sacrament32

sacrament32 Member

O i didnt know chillums worked that way yay i learned something

8. jakesanders

jakesanders Senior Member

how DO they work...?

9. ravio11i

ravio11i Member

Dont let a sickness in the circle let you stop from somking with them... person after them in the rotation just needs to flame the mouthpiece for a coupla secs (make sure it cools before you hit it) to kill the germs.
    Robert

10. nesta

nesta Banned

you cup your hands around the base as tightly as you can and make sort of a chamber with them. you use your hand as a mouthpeice, and you can get terrific hits from them if you do it just right....as a result they tend to shit on you, but it's easy to avoid any hot ash from burning with a peice of moistened gauze tied around the bottom end of the chillum. the gauze is too loosely woven to filter out very much thc or tar or anything, but ash doesn't get through it well.

11. nesta

nesta Banned

of course around where i live you nearly never see a chillum that size, and people tend to try to hit mine like a glass bat

12. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

I love hitting my friends Bat like that. Its tricky to get a good seal on the chamber in your hands, but when you do... goddamn its a lot of smoke! I want a real chillum like the one in that picture, but so far I haven't found any. Hell, just finding information on how to hit it is hard enough. There's barely anything online. I wish I had known about it at the start of the summer, my friend went to India for a month to visit family. I guess he bought a ton of little wooden hookahs to bring back, but they got ruined when his aunts house got flooded in a monsoon or something.

13. nesta

nesta Banned

well, if you're ever in canada, i got mine at toronto hemp company. but you don't have to go there, really....theres a much cheaper way to get one than travelling abroad. you can get really nice chillums pretty cheaply in grass city, if you know how to get there....

14. PLyTheMan

PLyTheMan Senior Member

I haven't passed through the green city in a while, but now I think a trip is in order... Only place I've really been only had about 1% of whats in the city. Thanks for the tip!