How about Wakarusa with my child?

Discussion in 'Events and Festivals' started by iriegirl420, Jan 28, 2005.

1. iriegirl420

iriegirl420 Member

I decided nix on bonnaroo with my 7 month old, but what about wakarusa? The thing is my mom wants to go, my fiance will be with us, probably my brother and his girl..... I don't want to leave my baby with the mom in law for that long and I will still be breastfeeding so I don't know if I could even pump and store enough milk for a few days....I know she won't remember anything about it but I will....

2. GoldenRd

GoldenRd Member

If your mom is going and you'll have other "responsible" help, I say go for it. Assuming the fest is kid friendly. My wife and I have been camping at the Philadelphia Folk Fest w/ our son since he was 1.5yrs old. The 1st fest he was 6mos and we only brought him for a day. However we have no family w/ us. Had I had my parents there, we probably would have camped w/ him. Also PFF has alot of shade and is very family & kid friendly. Just remember your a parent now and your child is your #1 responsibility. You can still go to many of the events you enjoyed prior to your child's birth, you just need to keep in mind your responsibility to your child and "adjust your partying" accordingly. But only party if you have other responsible, trustworthy adults around such as your mom.

3. MelvnDoo

MelvnDoo Member

i was at wakarusa last year and it seemed pretty kid friendly. there was plenty of shade available and it really wasnt all that crowded. i really think you´d be ok to bring your youngin there - you could even breastfeed there if you like, too. i dont see any reason why not...