how about the best way...

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by kitty fabulous, May 10, 2004.

1. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

...to get chocolate ice cream stains out of a pretty little girl's sundress? the catch: i can only use natural products, so stain-removers from grocery stores are not an option. (allergies.) i tried applying a paste of baking soda and laundry soap concentrate, followed by a cool soak, but i don't think i got to it in time. what about bleaching with peroxide or lemon juice? it's calico; green & pink flowers and pink checks on white bckgrounds. i don't want to lose the color in the flowers.

2. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

:( I don't know... I was going to suggest a dry cleaner's... that's probably your best bet but I don't know how natural that is...

3. daisymae

daisymae Senior Member

Have you already washed and dried it? You may not be able to get it out after that. Have you tried dish soap? I have gotten many a stain out by hand-scrubbing with that. Or if allergies are the problem, could you use a stain remover to get it out, and then wash the dress again in natural soap before she wears it?

4. nimh

nimh ~foodie~

can you use oxiclean?
    and best of all, it rocks on stains, gets out just about everything.

5. teepi

teepi living my dream

If you can't get it out, how about some embroidery over the stains??

Years ago my friend had a seed pop on her blouse and caused a little burn and I embroidered a little pansy over it.
    When I worked, a friend at work got 3 dribbles of spaghetti sauce on a blouse and i did 3 little daisies over those....

They also have beautiful iron ons now at the fabric stores in all sizes.

6. day_tripper77

day_tripper77 Member

thats a really good idea.. i hope you're able to get the stain out, but if not, definitely embroider or put an iron on patch over it..