Houston Tx School Shooting

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, May 18, 2018.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

So I read that the shooter’s dad is blaming bullying for what led to his son’s rampage and that his son is “a good boy.” That speaks volumes to how out of touch this guy has been with his own son.

2. lion1978

lion1978 The King

LOL I agree with you and think WTF how can you blame anybody but the kid who picked up the gun and shot, if the bullying was really that bad then maybe he should have sought out help before it got to where it did

Deidre likes this.
  3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

He said his son was the victim here

Something is obviously very off with that family

4. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Definitely! He should be arrested too, for the fact that his kid used his guns to commit this crime. How tragic all around!

Meliai likes this.
  5. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Agree. I definitely think bullying goes on and some kids have other issues going on within themselves and can’t handle the bullying. But truthfully, harassment and strong bullying shouldn’t be tolerated in the schools. That said, we can’t let this become the new pass to commit violent crimes against your classmates.

NotMyRealName, Meliai and lion1978 like this.
  6. lion1978

lion1978 The King

I couldn't have said it better myself

Deidre likes this.
  7. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Liberals i reckon.

fraggle_rock, McFuddy and Meliai like this.
  8. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Good to see you have stuck to sarcasm lately instead of bothering to argue, I have taught you well

Now all thats left is to convince you how stupid the recycling shopping bags thing is

9. Asmodean

Its more so the argumenting of certain other posters that makes me post like that.

[​IMG]

But in seriousness: Not as stupid as doing nothing about it. But yes, a complete ban on plastic bags would be better than recycling them.

^
    Disclaimer: no, gun nuts. This does not imply im also for a complete ban on guns! Ha, just in time. Probably saved us a page of worthless drivel and assumptions here :p

10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

:D

11. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Wouldn't be surprised at all. They are always the victims.

12. storch

storch banned

Don't worry. Even gun nuts aren't really worried about the rantings of the hysterical gun-control freaks here. And some of them have a lot of fun pushing your buttons and watching you jump, crash, and burn. They love the drivel.

Last edited: May 23, 2018
    GeorgeJetStoned likes this.
  13. Maccabee

Maccabee Luke 22:35-38

That's depending on how he got access in the first place. We aren't talking about 4 year old Johnny finding daddy's gun in the sock drawer. We are talking about a person who is almost an adult. No matter how mentally deranged you are, you still possess some level of morality and accountability at that age. So we actually have two questions that need answering:

How were the firearms stored in the first place?

What, if any, tip offs he gave to his father and how obvious were those tip offs?

14. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

True, but I don't think he's being tried as an adult, so to me, the father should be held partially responsible for this tragedy. To be honest, I think that his parents should be interrogated as to what type of upbringing he had, did anything traumatic happen, and quite frankly, was there abuse. Not saying his parents for sure abused him, but they should be brought in for questioning. And anyone else who knew this family, should be questioned. Just like any other crime. The sheer fact that the father is calling his 17 year old son who just shot (and killed) several of his classmates ''a good boy,'' is deeply disturbing and delusional.

I keep hearing about taking mental health situations more seriously, so this would be a good start. Investigations into this teen's life should be underway...not just lock him up, throw away the key, and the general public goes on its endless rant about gun control. If that's all we keep doing as a society, these situations will keep happening.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
    NotMyRealName likes this.
  15. Asmodean

The fact you felt reacting to my post like that says enough :)

McFuddy likes this.
  16. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve read a number of statements from classmates who knew the shooter and many seem conflicting. Was he bullied, wasn’t he bullied, If he was bullied I didn’t see it, he was weird/ he seemed perfectly normal/ there was something about him that just wasn’t right/ he was a loner/ we worked out together after school and he was a nice guy.

What everyone is in agreement over is that he always wore a black trench coat, he was quiet and reserve, a straight A student, and he wanted to join the Marines.

Btw: I can think of two other former Marines from Texas who will forever be remembered; Charles Whitman the Texas Tower Shooter, and Lee Harvey Oswald (who shot and killed JFK) – interesting

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  17. storch

storch banned

Oh I wouldn't read too much into my response to your post. It was just a friendly reminder to you that some of us like to push the buttons of hysterical gun-control freaks just to watch them jump, crash and burn.

I should also say that you don't have to worry about anyone thinking that you're in favor of a complete ban on guns. We know that no one is that stupid. Oh wait . . .

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  18. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Maybe we should ban the Marine Corp. They trained these killers to be good shots.

hotwater likes this.
  19. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

20. fraggle_rock

fraggle_rock Member

I wouldn't be so quick to write off bullying as having the potential to push a kid to shoot up a school. Bullying can create this sense of perpetual powerlessness that can easily push someone towards revenge fantasies, a desire to take back control by making others feel powerless... just like any other kind of abuse.

I know it doesn't seem that way, but this one act doesn't define who this kid is as a person, or who he would have become if he hadn't been able to get his hands on those guns, or especially if the kids around him had eased up and stopped being pricks. This doesn't mean that he didn't do something horrible, but it's shocking in this day and age to see people so willing to dismiss him as simply being an evil monster who should also be shot by 'a good guy with a gun'.

storch likes this.