Houston Tx School Shooting

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, May 18, 2018.

1. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Aeri described the difference between a good parent and a bad/neglectful parent in her post. I wasnt aware that liberals couldnt be good parents or that parenting had anything to do with politics

What would liberals push back on exactly? Do tell.

2. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The dude's just pissed. He's taken two pot shots at me today for absolutely no reason.

3. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I'm not pissed at all. I'm just reflecting on past posts that are made that seem relevant to attitudes expressed.

4. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well let's see.
    Have they been given healthy outlets for frustration? That will be debated as to what's healthy and what isn't. It can't be a liberal parents fault if their child wasn't raused with healthy outlets.

Have they been nurtured and paid attention to at all?

Again it won't be a liberal parents fault if they didn't. Their children should be allowed the freedom to go their own way without being under the thumb of those parents. They pay attention to them by buying them stuff and being their best friends.

If they have had their parents' attention, care, and nurturing have they responded positively?

If not, they are broken and you do not turn your back on a problem that is bigger than you. You take the time and initiative to seek help for your child.

You give them Ridalin instead of chores and responsibilities. If they can get a diagnosis of ADD they can medicate instead of deciding they simply need more discipline.

You keep going for help until you get it.

You take the time and effort to see that your child is physically and mentally healthy and you do whatever necessary to protect them, and to protect others from them if need be.

To do otherwise as a parent is criminal.

Again the liberal definition of this will be the problem.

5. Meliai

Meliai Banned

So in other words you're completely full of shit

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  6. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Having such a blind hatred of anyone to the left of you on the political spectrum is really fucking sad and pathetic

I may not agree with conservatives politically but insulting the parenting skills of half the country just because you dont like their politics is low.

7. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

It's not politics it's a culture.

I know of many good kids that parents vote Democrat. But they don't share the same parental culture that is problematic.

Aerianne likes this.
  8. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Maybe maybe not. Something has changed in kids in America. The parenting culture certainly has. If you think that's full of shit, I completely respect your right to feel that way. I think we are probably not the same in our cultural groundings.

And I don't give a shit if you think I'm full of shit or not. I don't have any fucked up kids to make excuses for.

9. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I see today that the father of the child thinks he was bullied. Another common theme that seems to be recurring in these and seems to have become a new norm for kids.

Social media helps the bullying gain faster momentum. Maybe we need to teach kids not to bully.

Aerianne likes this.
  10. Meliai

Meliai Banned

If it isnt politics then why did you bring politics into it

Whether someone is a liberal or conservative has nothing to do with what makes someone a good parent or not.

Considering a lot of these mass shooters were raised in a gun culture and taught to shoot by their parents and then stole their parents guns to murder people, i'm gonna go out on a limb and say we're not dealing with liberal parents here. Which makes your rant about liberal parenting all the more ridiculous

11. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I hear that coaches have been accused of bullying him too - of telling him that he smelled.

He might have smelled of perspiration from wearing that long coat in 90F weather; still, that's not how an administrator should handle a problem.

I can see that happening though. I'm sure that coaches as far back as my day would have taunted a kid like that.

Adults need to be taught how to treat others, too.

mysticblu21 and storch like this.
  12. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Umn newsflash. Being liberal doesn't make you vote Democrat or Republican.

Liberal in this context= Give a kid a car so s/he doesn't have to ride the bus because s/he doesn't want to and the parents don't want to be burdened with driving them

That has nothing to do with who they vote for. It's an example of the liberal culture.

13. storch

storch banned

I think that a lot of people don't appreciate the effect that bullying has on the victim. I was bullied in school by a particular person, and there were no adults who would do anything to help me, though they were well aware of my situation. In that sense, school was like a fuckin' prison for me.

14. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Hell bullying goes on in this board. But it's Freedom of Speech.

15. Meliai

Meliai Banned

LOL what is this

Edit, i'll be more succinct to avoid a lengthy conversation about something so asinine. i'll just say, I do not think liberal means what you think it means. At all.

Thanks for the laugh though, seriously

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  16. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

I completely get your reference to the entertaining aspects of watching someone blame everything bad on whom they don't like.

This board has made me chuckle a lot myself.

I could give a rats ass if a parent wants to give their kids a car. Or to get a kid diagnosed with a condition that I can then say it's not my parenting skills my kid has ADD or ADHD or depression or or or or. I don't have to live with the consequence of all these diagnises that didn't exist 30 years ago and what the drugs do to my kid.

I on occasion suffered from ADD as a kid. It usually lasted until the instant a belt or a paddle found my ass. It cleared up any problems I had not paying attention when I was supposed to.

And nobody shot up schools to retaliate.

Now schools can't do that. And liberals try and shun parents who strike their kids.

So we can all decide what side of the fence we want to live on.

Last edited: May 22, 2018
  17. Toggle Almendro

Toggle Almendro Banned

This girl has the right idea about guns and schools:

Kent State graduate celebrates by strolling campus with her AR-10

[​IMG]
    I'd say our future is in good hands with youth like her out there.

Maybe she'll run for office one day. I'd vote for her.

18. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I wouldn't vote for her. That site is rediculous for close quarter combat like a school campus. SMH.

19. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

The Lt. Governor of Texas, Dan Patrick, blames the increase in school shootings on the following.

• Violent video games
    • Taking God out of schools (I assume he means the Christian God)
    • Abortions
    • Unsecured guns in the home
    • Schools with too many entrances
    • Unarmed teachers

I agree with him about the need for gun owners to make sure their guns are safely secured when not in use; that's just common sense. I don't see what video games, God (or gods or goddesses or whatever) or abortions have to do with it, however. Minimizing the number of entrances won't stop a shooter from opening fire outside the school. I'm not sure how I feel about arming teachers. If a deranged kid has his mind made up to start killing his classmates then armed teachers probably aren't that much of a deterrent; more than likely the shooter doesn't plan on making it out alive anyway.

I notice he left out easy access to guns and bullying.

Texas Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick blames abortions, video games for school shootings - not guns - CNN

20. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Abortion leads to more mass school shootings? That’s a huge leap.