Houston Tx School Shooting

Discussion in 'Latest Hip News Stories' started by Aerianne, May 18, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

2. Aerianne

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Thoughts and prayers

Freedom isnt free

YouFreeMe and Tyrsonswood like this.
  4. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

How long until they say it's a false flag? The concept of a gun being misused is foreign to the NRA. Everyone is the good guy even though apparently they need a gun because not everyone is.

Thoughts and prayers because we humans can not stop it only god can. So we do the most Christian thing and keep the tools of killing in society. It's what Jesus would do. :confused2:

5. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Let's see if it's an AR style weapon.

6. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

It was supposedly a shot gun. The immediate remedy doesn't come in the form of gun regulations, because someone determined to do this, will find a way around that. There were bombs in the school too. The problem that has more of an immediate fix, is why are people allowed to still walk around the school freely? All the classroom doors should be locked, and the front doors. They were discussing this on the news, having schools in a constant lock down mode. When I go to work, there's a code to enter into my office. If you don't work there, you need to buzz in and explain who you are and why you wish to gain entry. I can't believe that schools aren't putting forth the resources to protect their students. That's where the problem lies right now. I'm not pro gun, but the more immediate issue is how to protect schools. How to be proactive so the students aren't sitting ducks waiting for a shooter to storm through. I don't know why they're not doing anything. Protesting about gun control does nothing to protect schools RIGHT NOW, from going through this in the immediate future.

scratcho likes this.
  7. Aerianne

I haven't listened to the news lately but this morning I heard that it was a student who did the shooting. That's why he would be in the school building.

8. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

Yes, but there was someone on the news talking about how each classroom should be locked during class. He stormed into the art class, so he entered from the outside. With everything going on lately, students shouldn't be free to just go from class to class. It might not stop all of the shootings, but it would mitigate them, they said...if schools just acted like they're on locked down, every day. So, every classroom would be locked, in addition to the front doors.

9. Aerianne

10. Aerianne

11. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Another day, another school shooting in the US

12. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

He had a shotgun and a 38. Another story said he also had a rifle. Nothing will happen. Those that could actually do something DO. NOT. CARE. Another case of --follow the money. Kids are somewhat short on donations to the do-nothing politicians.

Tyrsonswood and stormountainman like this.
  13. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

From what I read, my guess is he supports Trump, Gun Rights, Anti Immigration even though he sounds like an immigrant himself.

14. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Lets get cracking on the 7 pages of replies where half the americans are like , phew lucky peope kill people not guns.....whilst the other half of the americans and everybody from every other country is like; get rid of your guns you stupid morons

McFuddy, lode, relaxxx and 3 others like this.
  15. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I lol'd

it's terribly f'd though.

16. Aerianne

17. NotMyRealName

NotMyRealName Members

Well in the previous thread on the Fla shooting it was argued that it's the AR that was the problem weapon. Hence the big argument to regulate them.

Part of that thread discussed shotguns and how they weren't the problem and didn't need restrictions. So much for that argument.

Here it appears he stole his father's guns to do the deed. Gee I seem to recall hearing that scenario in that thread.

So gun regulation ain't the answer.

18. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

The schools need money to create the locked down measures they were talking about. Three months ago Parkland happened and schools are still doing nothing. But they need money. Trump needs to deal with this on a federal level, imo.

19. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Incorrect. It was argued that AR 15 style weapons can do incredible damage and serve no useful purpose to civilians. By bringing them under strict regulation it would take away one type of weapon that could be and has been used by sick people to murder others.
    No one argued that eliminating AR type weapons would end all shootings.

Further it was argued that certain types of shotguns are problematic, the number of rounds all shotguns hold should be reduced, and registration and background checks would help in all weapon purchases.

You can try and simplify a complex problem in order to make it appear that everyone that believes we have too many guns and too much access to those guns are the problem, but that really doesn't help much.

stormountainman likes this.
  20. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero