Household products

Discussion in 'Vegetarian' started by Epiphany, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

I recently read an article in a PETA pamphlet that mentioned how many cleaning products are tested on animals (which I already knew). My question is, has anyone been able to find any cruelty-free brands?

2. Fractual_

Fractual_ cosmos factory

just use vinegar and hot water with a little lemon oil. the brand seventh generation is a pretty good natural cleaner afaik and i have seen their products at the peta building before so i assume they are animal-friendly as well as eco-friendly : )

3. Elle

Elle Senior Member

on petas website they have (im pretty sure) links to sites that sell animal friendly products and i believe that some of the sites sell household products.

4. Lazuli Blue

Lazuli Blue Member

Ecover is what I use at home, it's not tested on animals and doesn't harm the environment :)

Search the web for eco cleaning products - there's loads out there!

5. Epiphany

Epiphany Copacetic

Thank you very much for the information :)

6. ophelia68977

ophelia68977 Member

Health food stores always have cruelty-free and eco friendly cleaning products.

The recipe book How it al Vegan has instructions for how to use simple things like vinegar and baking soda to clean things instead of commerical cleaning products. I bet you can find homemade cleaner instructions online as well.