house of snow

Discussion in 'UK Member Photos' started by autophobe2e, Feb 16, 2009.

1. autophobe2e

autophobe2e Senior Member

it snowed, so naturally and me and a few close friends stopped being embittered, cynical teenagers and reverted to the level of frollicking innocent nutters. we decided that we'd build a house on clapham common out of snow, which took about 4 hours. but seemed at the time the single greatest thing that we, or anyone else had EVER achieved

here is the result

construction of the roof

[​IMG]
    entrance

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the inside, took out the bookshelves from my room at home and used them to shore up the roof, great escape style

2. autophobe2e

and this is the interior, notice the original beam ceiling and how the central pillar nicely divides up the space of the central living area lol, the pics are bad quality and it was a little smoky in there, but u can kinda see what it was like

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

and then, just like that, she was gone, replaced by nothing but our memories and a short, angry man yelling about "bloody kids ruining the green", thus is the temporary nature of snow...

only 18 years till the next big snowfall, start the countdown!!

3. lithium

lithium frogboy

Haha, good work man[​IMG] You should have put up a For Sale sign, I bet that would have fetched a packet. Bijou property in a central location, fresh and stylish design, integrated shelving...

4. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Hi auto, long time no speak!

And amazing Snow house!!!!

5. Fingermouse

Fingermouse Helicase

:D Thats some impressive dedication! Nice one:cheers2:

6. autophobe2e

:cheers2: thanks! and hey ny, not seen you around in a while, howzitgoin? sadly some idiots came and smashed some holes in the roof after we left to get food, which would probably put off potential purchasers:mad: there are always some, eh?

also this is my first thread on this, or indeed any site, so thanks for commenting! :cheers2:

7. nynysuts

nynysuts No Gods, No Masters

Good thanks, took a break from the site for a bit but I'm back now. People can be horrible in snow, my snowman got hit over the head :(