House (merged)

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Atom bomb therapy, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Sage Man

Sage Man Member

Oh, come on! I come to the t.v. drama section and there's no thread about House? Does anyone else watch it?

2. hgh238

hgh238 Member

The first few episodes were great but now its just repetitive and unrealistic. The only good thing about it is watching dr. house eat tons of perks and get messed up while talking trash to everyone he meets, thats always a good laugh.

3. A-Shwa-Child

A-Shwa-Child Member

^^ yes, you got that right... I love it for that reason...

4. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

5. Sage Man

Sage Man Member

6. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

Yes, well, the point was that you aren't suppose to create multiple threads about the same thing (particularly in the same ruddy forum), so I was just trying to direct ya to the one that had been around for a while beforehand.... :)

7. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

They're, not there. Mouth not mouf. Get you're spelling straight :p :p :p

8. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

mmmm house, this is such a fantastic show. i love it. and i don't find looking at hugh laurie for an hour either...

9. hgh238

hgh238 Member

The show is repetitive, end of story.

10. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

i'm butting in here. house is not repetitive, end of story.

11. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

It is quite great.... well written and acted.

12. raymond the fabulous

raymond the fabulous Member

house has got a terrible accent he was better in blackadder

13. raymond the fabulous

a picture of me and the lads in the pub

14. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

A terrible accent? What are you talking about? When I found out he wasn't American, I almost shit myself.

15. raymond the fabulous

you cant be serious the accent is rubbish or maybe because i have seen him in other things with a proper english accent but it still sounds dodge to me has anyone seen him in blackadder side splitting its really funny

16. Kinky Ramona

Oh, I've seen most of the episodes of 40-Something...though, I'd seen House long before that. But being American and all with only basic cable, the only exposure I have to British sitcoms and such is through PBS, and most of it is really...bad. But I think Hugh Laurie does a very good job pulling off the American bitter guy accent. However, he's not fooling anyone if he thinks he's portraying a good Jersey accent. Haha.

17. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

Raymond, you're British, you can't tell a good American accent any more than we Yankees can tell a good Brit accent. Only Americans can tell good American accents and usually only Brits can tell good Brit accents. Except for Keanu Reeves in Dracula, "Worst English Accent EVER!" I kept expecting him to say, "Dude, my good man."

BTW, most of Monty Python member cannot do an American accent to save their lives (but they are still funny as heck.) Hugh's accent is perfect. Ramona, Greg House isn't actually from Jersey, AFAIK, his father was in the Military and he lived all over. Thus, most likely, he'd have either a muddle or no regional accent at all.

18. Kinky Ramona

Wow, Maggie, I forgot all about that. How cool that you picked that out and remembered! Did you see last night's episode? I was sick and at a Halloween party and my life still was put on hold so I could watch, lol. It's funny, though, I think that show's turned me into a hypochondriac. Every ache is like, "Oh no! Cancer!" I've been patiently waiting for this tiny stomach bug to errupt into some sort of convulsions or something. Hahaha.

19. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

You didn't see it? An asshole pig came in the Clinic and was complianing, so House stuck a rectal thermometer in his ass, told him to wait, and then LEFT FOR THE DAY! LOL!

Too bad for him.......a day later, House is on his motorcycle and he gets pulled over for speeding........it's the Pig who he stuck the thermometer in. He finds pills in House's pocket, and busts him. Lemme tell ya, as a chronic pain pateint myself I was screaming at the TV screen. "PIG PIG PIG, HOW DARE YOU!!!!!" Bear had to give me a tranquilizer....(not really.)

20. Kinky Ramona

Oh no, I did see it. The episodes just keep getting better and better!