House (merged)

Discussion in 'TV Dramas' started by Atom bomb therapy, Apr 11, 2006.

1. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Oooh, the entire first season is great. Especially the next to the last episode. That one is the best. I won't spoil it, but it's very good.

2. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

season ender....
    kinda hated the concept, but I always hate those concepts
    (not gonna spoil it, but what they reveal with about 5min left in the show)

but I like his request at the end
    and I want to see the next season now!!!

3. Kinky Ramona

I'm so upset we have to wait now until like September to even know what the heck is going to happen. Whyyyyyyy. Season finales are always the worst. They always leave ya hanging for months. I think I'm going to plan a trip to their studio and demand I get to see the taping of the next season. Because I will die with just re-runs, I will. I know they're trying to sweeten the deal by going to two episodes each Tuesday over the summer and while I will get to catch up on the episodes I did miss out on, boooooo. I want to see what happens to House. Since this won't be spoiling anything (because every brief synopsis online mentions it), at the very first, when he gets shot, I almost cried. Obviously I am getting far too attached to this show. I was also upset because my boyfriend was not there to watch it with me. Haha.

4. Maggie Sugar

Maggie Sugar Senior Member

I haven't gotten my first season DVDs yet from Amazon. I ordered them right after you told me about them. I just hate paying so much for extra fast shipping.

*sigh* It ended the way I thought it would. SPOILER: I knew the fact that that shooter was in the same hospital room as House couldn't have been true. No hospital would put a victim and his assailant in the same room. In fact, large hospitals actually often have "prison wings." or at least rooms with glass walls and often restraints and cameras for dangerous prisoners. And, when he started analyzing House, I was telling my kids "That dude is now just a halucination from House's Ego." (The Freudian sense of Ego, not his "egotisical-ness.)

I think the Ketamine will probably fail and he'll be the same old House. Unless the DEA got to the show, like they did ER, and told them that they just could not have a Vicodin user who was actually functional and didn't suffer terribly because of his "weakness." I gotta tell you. The Chronic Pain community has really taken House as an Icon.

5. Maggie Sugar

Just got my DVDs the other day. Ahhhh, days of House. Even my kids are watching it.

Thanks for letting me know this was on DVD. It never would have occured to me to look. We are really enjoying it.

6. Kinky Ramona

They're great, huh? My friend just quit his job, so I've been trying desperately to arrange House marathons. There are many episodes in the first season I haven't seen. I've seen all of the second season...rumor is the box set of that comes out in August. But the most exciting thing is when they roll to the summer scheduling on Fox, House will be on from 7 to 9 (central time, of course). *claps* Two whole hours every week. When I start working, I think I'll take Tuesdays off for "religious purposes." Yup. I'm going to start a Church of House. Because it's that good. And I'm that insane. Hehe.

7. mystik_lilac

mystik_lilac Super Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I <3 House! Too bad Hugh doesn't get to use his British accent in the show though. :(

Anyhoo, its one of my favorite shows on tv. My husband hates it. He says that House is an asshole. I think he's a wonderful genius! :D

8. Maggie Sugar

My dh thinks he's an asshole, too. The funny thing is, my dh looks a LOT like Hugh. Well, Bear is a little younger and not quite as thin, but close. For a while, I couldn't figure out "Who the hell does House remind me of?" Then I was watching it with my dh the room, and realised it was HIM! My dh even has a gimpy leg. Hit himself with his own truck.

9. Kinky Ramona

Haha, Maggie, I'm totally jealous. Hugh is hot! ...But my boyfriend is equally hot. So he doesn't get mad at me for writing this. Hehe.

10. Maggie Sugar

LOL! My almost 18 year old dd is in here, and when I told her that womyn near her age like House, too, she said "Geriophiles....." She's a funny kid. She likes the show, but thinks House is "old." Probably cuz he kinda looks like her Papa, too. That would turn you off, I guess.

I think she thinks Chase is cute, though.

11. Kinky Ramona

Chase is adorable. I would stalk him if I wasn't already attached...hehe. The actor who plays him and the actress who plays Cameron are dating off screen. A useless tidbit of trivia. If they break it off and ruin the show and the chemistry, I'm going to personally bash both their heads in, though.

12. Maggie Sugar

They would have lovely children. :)

13. CrucifiedDreams

CrucifiedDreams Members

I love this show, think it's really funny but I don't watch it anymore, becuase I got bored with the same story outline each time.
    -Person sick
    -What's wrong with them?
    -Can we cure it on time?

It's a little repetitive.

14. Maggie Sugar

Yeah, but that is what health care is. Usually, though, most of it is more the Clinic Type stuff, which would bore the hell outta you even faster. "Oh, an ear infection. Don't give the baby any dairy, come back in 2 days and if it is worse, we'll treat it." Repeat ad infinitum.

My only beef is (although I think Hugh is......HOT) the pateint ALWAYS collapses at the beginning of the show. Usually, you have a LOT of pain, symptoms ect, before you really colapse and most people see the doctor before actual collapse, unless it is cardiac or stroking.

15. Kinky Ramona

Haha, Maggie, one of my friends who is equally into House pointed that out when he bought the first season. "Oh...no...that's not the patient. He didn't have a seizure or collapse." Haha.

Maybe I'm just a hypochondriac after watching that, but now, everytime something aches, I'm like, "Oh no! Cancer." Hehehe. Well, not really. I can't be like that...no health insurance. Boo.

To all you House fans, though, check this link out. http://www.wgal.com/news/9481779/detail.html Inspired by House? Hmmmm.

16. Wasteland

Wasteland Member

17. Maggie Sugar

Just got it! Ha ha ha! There aren't as much Bonus Stuff as the first season, but it is still good.

Two difference scenes are done by Cameron and Cuddy, completely seriously, in "Valley Girl Accents" OMG, it was so funny.
    Cameron: "Like, OMG, House want me to do this test, again. And I like, totally just did one."

Cuddy: "So, like, totally don't do it and just tell him you did."
    Cameron: "You mean, I can't lie to patients, but I can, like, lie to House?"

Cuddy: "Totally!"

Cameron: "OOOO, that's HAWT."

I haven't finished watching all the episodes, but Moon and I are having a good time. She thinks House, himself is "So AWLD!" But, she likes the show quite a bit. I got it from Amazon and it came quickly, as soon as it came out. I preordered it, and got it last week.

LOL! I know, Moon and I were making fun of that, too. They have to think of other ways to do the "teaser" opening sequence. Not EVERY illness begins with a faint or a fit. :)

18. Kinky Ramona

If you've got a decent internet connection, you should definitely go to YouTube.com and search for Hugh Laurie. You'll get FANTASTIC clips of cameos he's done, little skits from British sketch comedy he's been involved with, and the best of the best, clips of him singing a song he wrote. Haha.

I do wonder how old Hugh is, though...some of those sketches were filmed in the late 70s. He looks WEIRD younger, lol.

Oh, and did you know he was the dad in Stuart Little? I had no clue, I'm going to have to rent that soon, I haven't seen it since I was a little girl.

Haha...obsessed? Nah... Infatuated? Maybe just a tad!

PS- The new season airs in t-minus one week, 7 hours, 20 minutes. Haha. I'm so excited, and what's even better is I work days, so I'll be off in time and won't have to rely on the undependable VCR. Wooo!

19. Maggie Sugar

There is a clue on the new DVD, the one where House gets shot. His hospital ID bracelet has Hugh's real bithday on it. June (something) 1959. He's almost the same age as my dh.

I somehow ended up on that site yesterday, but I didn't have time to see many old clips. I did see a few a few months ago from the comedy show he did in England.

He also narrated a Harry Potter Special that Moon and I took out of the Library. It was "The Magic of Harry Potter" or something like that. She's a Potter maniac, I found the Video Tape by looking for anything with Hugh in it at one of our libraries. You would never guess it was him, by just his voice. They don't show him at all. :(

20. clementinexo

clementinexo hip *****s sucks.

definately a good show... house is pretty fucking hot too...