hot peppers

Discussion in 'Munchie Recipes' started by cousinit, Jun 3, 2004.

1. cousinit

cousinit Member

im hot sause fanatic and grw hot pepers in the kictchen. i can drink tabosco sause and not flich. heres one of my favorite hot pepper ricepes. my sister cryed for an hour after eating one of these

mash some potoatoes, then add red chilly powder, diced chives, ground cumin, and grated extra sharp cheddar chees, and finely cut (REALLY HOT) peppers. But if you cant find any good peppers use your hottest hot sause,and then add some more for good measure

take some large jalepenio pepers and and core them, then stuff in the potato mix.

than flour, egg and bread the peppers (in that order) and toss them in the deep fryer for a couple minutes. oh I usualy add some sesaoning salt into the flour

i dont have an actual recipe, I just hrow it all togerther. basicly make it as hot as think you can take it.

2. Loki84

Loki84 Member

I'm in a small minority of british people who enjoys hot food. Many people i know aren't into anything with more kick in it than a korma. I'm not a chilli-holic myself (Rogan josh is my preferred curry) but I love the occasional spicy food every now and then. I love jalapeno peppers. they have such a great taste, and the kick they have to them is pretty nifty.

3. thehipsterdufus

thehipsterdufus Member

mmmmm -- nice recipe

I, too love the rush/release when eating very spicy peppers and foods. It's rather addicting. It's got to have a good flavor, though, not just heat.

4. cousinit

cousinit Member

I dont recongnize the name. I tend to cook malyasian/tie curries more than indian.I like their spice combos better, and they have different names for stuff

5. cousinit

cousinit Member

green chicken curry (Thai)

2 tsp coriander sead (ground)
    1tsp balk pepper
    3-5 green chillies (to taste)
    1/ 2 - 1 ginger root
    3tblsp frresh cilantro leaves
    2 cloves garlic
    chopped green onions 1-2 plants
    1 lemon grass root, diced
    2tbls oil
    2/3 cup coconut cream
    4 kaffir lime leaves
    1 tbls fish soauce
    1 bunch of fresh basil
    1cup water
    1 pound cut up checken breast

grind coriander seed and peppercorns to a powder. Add green chilies, ginger, cilantro, garlic, green onions, and lemon grass and grind to a paste.

heat oil. Add seasoning paste and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add cream of coconut and lime leaves. Gently bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
    Add the cut up chicken into sauce pan. when cooked then add fish sauce and basil leaves. then serve it over rice

youll have go to an asian market for some of the engredients