hosting an art show in my basement

Discussion in 'Art' started by cerridwen, Jan 6, 2005.

1. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

My husband and I just finished our basement before xmas, so now we have all this open space. (no furniture down there yet)

I've a few artist friends (3 in fact) who are extremely talented.... two of them paint and the third works with clay to do all kinds of fantastic elaborate stuff.

Anyway, I thought it'd be fun to have each of them bring in 15 pieces of work, and display it around my basement, and I had an informal thing one weekend where I invited a bunch of people to come over over 4 days (thurs through sun) for an Art Open House... These were fellow friends, family and coworkers, and they were each encouraged to bring 2 friends to view the art work, no pressure in to buying it....

What was excellent was by the end of the weekend each of my three friends sold at least 10 pieces (respectively) of their artwork! It was such a success...

I just wanted to share the idea for you fellow artists, maybe doing something similar in your home would help sell some of your things!