Hospitals are so greedy..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Hacker

Hacker Vescere Bracis Meis

OUCH!!!

Stick it to them!!!

2. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

Yeah, you should have seen the hospital bills that we racked up when I gave birth to my twins. My bill was $25,000 my twin son's bill was $15,000 and my twin daughter's bill was almost $40,000. Thank goodness my husband has decent medical insurance because we didn't end up owing all that much.

3. Eugene

Eugene Senior Member

actually, health insurance is the reason that medical costs in the states are so obscene. Y'see, when you artificially lower the price for something you create an 'artificial basement' (i t'ink that's what it's called). So, the laws of supply and demand kick in angain, but this time the cost is supressed. Then what happens? The price rises to match the supply and demand, only this time it's over what it was before...

And hospitals are kinda outrageous, that's why i go see my family doctor when shit is wrong, usually only costs me 20 bucks out of pocket.

Only go to hospitals if there is some serious fucked-up ness...

4. lynsey

lynsey Banned

that bites i had some mad hospital bills. My mom paid them and then my work ended up paying all my co-pays. our ceo is really great

5. tigerlily

tigerlily proud mama

my worst experience with hospitals was as a little kid going to the military hospital. it was free, but my god.... rude docs and nurses (they're not being paid as much as in teh civilian world) horrendous lines, ugh, i remember crying kids, funny smells, and HOURS upon hours of waiting in a lobby....

one good thing about privatized health care is that they seem to put a little more effort into it. i kinda get the same feeling at planned parenthood and low cost clinics as i did at the military hospital, but going to a regular doctor isn't nearly as bad, so i'm not really sure what you guys are complaining about concerning the staff.. unless you're on medicare or something (i think thats' the one anyway), which is something the doctors hate because they can only charge so much with it... actually if i'm correct, lots of hospitals are no longer taking it as insurance.

oh yes, when i was taking classes at uni i paid for doctor with my tuition (it's required for some reason....) and got to go for unlimited visits... that was actually really awesome, i must say, and the doctors are very cool.

yikes, talking about this reminds me i really need to get on full time at my job because waht little insurance i have goes away when i turn 23 (in may)

6. lynsey

lynsey Banned

I was born in a military hospital and was stuck in the birth canal too long because of their neglegence. I had a lot of health complications because of it. My mom also has a lot of problems from it. I was between 10 and 11 pounds when I was born adn they did not do a c-section and she had natural child birth and 12 hours afterwards she got up and peed on the floor on accident because she was stiched from her vagina to her anal region and was numb they handed her a mop and made her clean it up. They wouldn't let her see me for 24 hours and my dad wasn't allowed to see my mother or me for 24 hours either supposedly because 'my mom's blood pressure was low' but really because they botched the delivery up so bad and new my dad would complain and seek out his sargent.

As with you I get the same feeling at planned parenthood. I had a medically reccomended abortion there and they botched it and it resulted in me having pelvic imflamatory disease which gave me high fevers and abdominal pain for months. Women's health is really bad in this country. I had to get my own insurance at 24 and am lucky to have a job that provides me with a great plan but still the obgyn services are horrible i see my GP for my pap smear and female needs.