Hospitals are so greedy..

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Penny, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

I owe like 1000 bucks to this fucking hospital. My health insurance won't pay...

This is crazy I spent like 3 hours in a room for people who have fits and ate a sandwich, and that's all!!!!

I think it's time for me to get a new health insurance..

2. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

fuck any kind of health insurance wont cover everything in the hospital.... when I was young and stupid, I went to the hospital over meaningless things...... well, it wasnt meaningless to me at the time...... but anyways, I had crazy bills to pay and insurance wasnt much help at all..... thats the way the health coverage is here in the US it sucks...... we all should move to canada.

3. Lodog

Lodog ¿

Doctors need the extra money to help pay off malpractice suits

4. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

yeah, blame it on the lawyers........

they are all scum I tell ya.

5. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

oh believe me I feel ya girl,
    I had a urinary tract infection and spent maybe 2 hours for just a urine test
    and now I'm stuck with a 1,200 bill what the hell, it seriously doesn't make sense.
    and I'm paying out of pocket, I didn't have insurance at the time.
    it sucks. I made them send me an itemized list of what they are charging me for and I'm going to be challenging them, it's crazy.

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

Do you even have any clue how much Canadians pay in taxes?

7. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

do you have any clue that I wasnt being serious?

8. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

No.

9. madcrappie

madcrappie crazy fish

who would seriously want to live in canada anyways?? its cold, boring, too clean, theres no violence (only in hockey), and they all talk weird.

10. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

Paying a lot in taxes basically comes to the same as paying for expensive health insurance.. exept health insurance is for yourself, taxes are for everyone.. and you might never go to the hospital, until you're a 90 year-old stinky senile man (or woman).

Edit: so I am against health insurance AND taxes.. so what can I do? Fucked-up system...

11. Penny

Penny Supermoderaginaire

That's insane.. for a urine test!!!!

I'm never going to a hospital again in this country.. next time I'm sick, I'll take aspirin and that's it. And if I'm gonna die, I'll fly back to France.... Social Security pays your hospital bills there.

12. greengoddess

greengoddess Nature Freak!

I had no choice, have you ever had one and left it for awhile, it just gets worse, but I didn't think they would screw me like that.

13. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

i owe a little over 1000 to a health center(no hospitals here)
    for bronchitis this winter and they put me through all these tests for meth and coke etc because i had high blood pressure. i hate any hospital-like environment plus i hate being proded, i had little or no sleep for 3 days because of the coughing and plus i dont like being hooked to machines. all that shit together might raise your blood pressure:rolleyes:. now im fine and im pissed about the tests and the bills. fuck them, they aint getting there money ...they screwed me over

14. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

at least you don't have to save up to go to the hospital here... I dunno, I like the Canadian system better than the US one. At least, from what I know of them. I wish doctors were a little more accountable (not necessarily hospital docs, but family docs) because my friends and I have had a lot of problems with 'em not believing there's anything wrong, or whatever the case may be. arrr

15. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

hell yeah they're too greedy. at the current moment i am VERY pissed off at a local hospital.... who a few months back refused to treat me when i went in there about something.... and by that, i mean- they refused to give me any TESTS or anything.... anything. its a complicated situation on WHY they refused and i dont feel like getting into it...

BUT they then had the nerve to send me a 500 bill.... i guess for the TWO MINUTES i talked to a NURSE, not even a doctor. fuck that shit... i aient payin it.

16. MollyThe Hippy

MollyThe Hippy get high school

one reason the gov't can support a better healthcare system and education is because they don't have the burden of a huge military industrial complex as does the u.s. canada only has a few rowboats in their military... that's it

17. alex714

alex714 To the Left

you love to harp on canada dont you rat??

i agree, our taxes are pretty atrocious, not just for health care but for almost everything here
    but, i much rather have universal health care than a privitised system, having to deal with the woes of health care insurances and what not

we still have loads of complaints about our health care system
    waiting times, underfunding, not enough coverage, etc

canadian health care is far from perfect, but there could be worse to complain about

18. ihmurria

ihmurria fini

word. It does need quite the overhaul though... I still love the concept of it and hope someone can figure out how to make it work properly

19. lace_and_feet

lace_and_feet Super Member

20. TresBizzare420

TresBizzare420 Member

I agree with you. The national health care policy in this country is don't get sick.

I don't even want to know what my medical bill will be. I got three emergency room visits and a thirty day in-stay in the hospital psyciatric ward.

Hospital staff are so greedy. From my experiance, I met very few staff members who actualy cared about their patients.